Liberty, Masco Winston-Salem NC United States
1 month ago
• Responsible for developing and designing packaging solutions for the attractive and safe shipping of products under varying conditions of climate, environment, and differing modes of transportation, using protective materials, and other methods as required.
• Design and develop packaging for categories and customers of Liberty Hardware...
• Drive the packaging development. Provide all engineering documentation and support.
• Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
• Packaging development in product categories to ensure they meet or exceed commercial standards and/or customer expectations.
• Re-engineering of existing packaging based upon company direction.
• Analyze research data and proposed packaging specifications to determine feasibility of proposal.
• Coordinates manufacturing of packaging and building of initial prototypes.
• Support all areas of Liberty Hardware from Marketing to Sourcing to help maintain global operations.
• Provide support and communication with global packaging engineers and global quality team to assurance to ensure packaging is fabricated and assembled based on requirements.
• Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
• Provide technical support on inquiries.
• Identify areas of improvement and implement new strategies, processes, or ideas.
• Demonstrate a Continuous Improvement mindset – through participation in events and activities that lead to financial gain, time savings, and/or waste reduction for the business.
Job Specific Competencies:
• Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard. Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Seizes more opportunities
• Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change. Can shift gears comfortably. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Isn't upset when things are up in the air. Doesn't have to finish things before moving on. Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Ethics and Values - Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; Act in line with those values; Rewards the right values and disapproves of others; Practices what he/she preaches.
• Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Integrity and Trust* - Is widely trusted; Is seen as a direct, truthful individual, Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; Keeps confidences; Admits mistakes; Doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
• Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Very bottom-lined oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree or three to five years related experience and/or training
• Working knowledge of packaging and die line creation software.
• Working knowledge of ArtiosCAD and other 3-D CAD programs a plus.
• Proficiency with ESKO/Kongsberg machinery a plus
• Enterprise software and Microsoft Office experience required
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is a plus
• Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally 10% of the time (up to 2 weeks at a time); must have be able to obtain a valid passport
Total Base Pay Range:
• 60,500 - 90,000
Company: Liberty Hardware
Shift 1 (United States of America)
Liberty Hardware (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Liberty Hardware is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
Winston-Salem NC USA
Jobs in Winston-Salem NC United States
Packaging Engineer Winston-Salem jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.