REQ SOLUTIONS Bowling Green KY United States
1 month ago
Our Client - A large Motor Vehicle Manufacturing company is hiring Packaging Technician/ Engineer in Bowling Green, KY area to work in 1st shift.
Job Title: Packaging Engineer/ Materials Engineer...
Shift : 1st shift | 6 AM - 2:10 PM
Location: Bowling Green, KY
• Looking for a junior to mid level engineer to work with packaging (within the materials department). Not looking for someone who has only design experience
• Must have manufacturing, automotive is preferred.
• Know and understand Company's Quality and Environmental policies.
• Lead packaging quote activities
• Maintain and improve plant PFEP
• Work with VSM lead to improve process flow activities
• Facilitate the implementation of change processes and streamline current practices to improve efficiency and capability
• Responsible for investigating and recommending suppliers for returnable packaging program based on cost
• Responsible for improving all supplier packaging
• Plan and direct activities concerned with design and development of protective packaging containers: analyze specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special-handling and safety requirements, and type of materials required for container
• Consult with establishment's Purchasing, Materials and Production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging
• Develop or direct development of sketches, specifications, samples, and written analysis of proposed packaging in order to present design for approval
• Review proposed packaging for conformity to guidelines, part quality, material handling, and stacking integrity
• Set up test packs with suppliers for review at plant location(s)
• Develop schedule and progress chart for each supplier
• Ensure Supplier Packaging database is up to date with current supplier packaging approvals (F150 Form)
• Ensure Closure packaging database is updated as required based on changes from OEM or production floor
• Assist with improving rack design to improve optimization, increase density of return shipments
• Meet all departmental objectives as set out by the Warehouse Supervisor or Manager
• Prepare and interpret AutoCAD & Solid works designs, drawings, and specifications for protective packaging based on part characteristics and line side racks and components
• Assist in inspection of mechanical installations and construction of racking system
• Assist with improvement or automation of existing processes as required in order to achieve less manpower and improved cycle time, material flow and ergonomics
• Develop and implement new processes and procedures as needed to support changing business demands
• Document current and proposed process flows
• Review departmental procedures for improvements and recommendations
Bowling Green KY USA
Jobs in Bowling Green KY United States
Packaging Technician Bowling Green jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.