Morgan Philips Luxembourg Luxembourg
1 month ago
Our client is a US based New York Stock Exchange listed global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded products.
This company has an opening for a Senior Legal Counsel with significant experience in the area of Corporate Law, Contract Law, Competition / Antitrust, Corporate Affairs and Product Regulatory Compliance.
The position reports to the General Counsel Europe with the possibility to take over his role on a medium-term basis in a context of succession planning. The legal department strives to be a trusted business partner with corporate management and the individual business units, providing proactive advice to support strategic initiatives and to compete more effectively while performing compliance and corporate governance responsibilities in a timely, cost-effective manner. They offer a team-oriented environment where excellence in performance and commitment is rewarded.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities will be to act as a... link between the European businesses and the US based Legal and Business teams, assure legal compliance with local laws, EU- and applicable US-requirements (FCPA, Economic Sanctions etc.) and provide general commercial guidance to our European business units. Specific areas of focus include:
• Provide advice and counsel on matters relating to privacy and cybersecurity for all European business units
• Provide advice and counsel on matters relating to:
• Warranties, advertising and consumer product claims
• Social media and e-business
• Legal requirements for the manufacture and sale of consumer products
• Regulatory matters and monitor applicable legislative developments
• Complex supply chain matters, including logistics/transportation
• Prepare and present legal compliance/education/training programs
• Provide counsel with respect to third party disputes and negotiations toward resolution of such disputes
• Coordinate with other subject matter experts on business unit matters in Europe and the US
Experience and Qualifications:
• German bar qualification with outstanding academic achievement (both state exams “befriedigend” or higher). A LLM degree from the UK or US is a plus.
• 12+ years of professional experience within an international organization or law firm; highly qualified applicants with less professional experience will be considered.
• Excellent management skills and business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give advice, which demonstrates an understanding of overall business objectives and the risks/rewards of each situation.
• Practical, business oriented approach to problem solving, complemented by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk
• Work with the highest level of ethics and integrity
• Manage outside counsel and other service providers
• Espouse their values of customer-focus, respect for the individual, continuous improvement, and drive for results
• Ability to multi-task and manage a significant work load in a fast-paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to travel 15-20% of the time to European and other subsidiaries
• Fluent in English and German (both written and spoken). Additional languages are an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your application to Quentin Ducreux, Morgan Philips Luxembourg. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion
Senior Legal Counsel - German Speaker F/M (H/F) Luxembourg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.