ESSSuper Melbourne VIC Australia
1 month ago
ESSSuper is one of Australia's biggest super funds with more than 128,000 members and over $34 billion in assets as at 30 June 2022. We are proud to be the dedicated, not-for-profit super fund serving Victorian emergency services and state employees. Nearly 58,000 people receive a retirement pension from ESSSuper, making ESSSuper the second biggest payroll in Victoria.
With award-winning products and services, ESSSuper exists to provide better retirement outcomes for members. Our vision is to be a leading not-for-profit provider of quality pre and post retirement products and services.
The position reports to the GM Investments and is a key senior member of the investment team responsible for managing ESSSuper’s fast growing pool of Accumulation assets (encompassing all asset classes).
The Investment Manager will take a lead role in the investment governance of the fund, including the implementation of the fund’s responsibilities under the Principles for... Responsible Investing (PRI).
The role will interact with many stakeholders and service providers including; senior ESSSuper management and various operating teams, ESSSuper’s Investment Adviser, custodian and fund managers. A collaborative work style and strong communication skills will be important to achieving the best outcomes for members.
The Investment Manager will develop a detailed understanding of the total portfolio, including its asset allocation, individual fund managers and their investment process and positions. The Investment Manager will lead key projects including the review of asset classes to ensure the fund is well positioned to achieve its long-term investment objectives. The Investment Manager will investigate potential investment opportunities and fund managers and assess them relative to those already employed in the portfolio.
The Investment Manager will have day-to-day oversight and management responsibility for governance and reporting obligations.
The Investment Manager will assume responsibility for the management of the Investment function in the absence of the GM Investments.
Duties other than those listed below may be assigned.
• Monitor and contribute to asset allocation decisions to ensure the fund is well positioned to meet its long-term investment objectives
• Contribute to forming a ‘whole-of-portfolio’ view of the fund
Manager Selection and Monitoring:
• Monitor existing manager portfolio positions and performance
• Work with Investment Adviser to identity and appoint new managers and investment strategies
• Assist in completion of fund manager due diligence, primarily from an investment perspective
• Ensure accuracy of investment reports
• Prepare investment related papers for ESSSuper's Board and Investment Committee
• Assist in the development and implementation of ESG policies
• Liaise with investment governance service providers
• Assist in the ongoing assessment of investment policies and procedures
• Provide specialist insight into the fund and its portfolio investments
• Ensure the Board’s decisions regarding investment matters are implemented in a timely and efficient manner
• Research new investment ideas and strategies
• Assist in the preparation of communication materials for members and staff
• Be aware of all ESSSuper’s compliance obligations
• Ensure any compliance breaches are reported
Key Selection Criteria
Education & Experience:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance or investment related positions
• Completion of either the CFA or a Masters in Finance/Applied Finance considered favourably
• Excellent financial analytical ability and numeracy/ quantitative skills
• Understanding of economic and financial systems within Australia and overseas
• Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate investment strategy and policy issues
• Project management skills
Other relevant skills
• Effective time management skills
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Ability to develop and propose enhancements to the fund’s investments and governance framework
• Ability to co-ordinate and work to deadlines
• Multi-asset experience
Values play a critical role in shaping how ESSSuper operates as an organisation.
ESSSuper Values: Encouraging and Supporting our People; Serving our Members & Stakeholders; Acting with integrity and Shaping our Future.
Our values inform how the organisation motivates, engages and develops the workforce, the service provided to members and the relationship developed with external stakeholders. Operating within the values is a key expectation of every employee
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Investment Manager Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.