Tidal Ventures Sydney NSW Australia
1 month ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development /Investor Relations Associate to join Tidal Ventures, supporting the Head of Distribution and Managing Partner in fundraising activities. The role will cover the full spectrum of Venture Capital investors including Family Office, Wealth Advisors and Institutional Asset Managers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to have meaningful conversations with LPs and will have the potential to assume greater responsibility over time.
Tidal is a leading Australian venture capital firm with a multi-strategy approach to early stage and growth stage assets across Australia and North America. With an outstanding reputation developed investing primarily in some of Australia’s most successful SaaS companies, Tidal differentiates itself with a true hands on approach to our portfolio companies. Currently raising two new funds, Tidal is at an exciting stage of growth.
The Tidal team brings a... combination of hands-on startup and industry experience attained at leading technology firms and top tier investment banks. Tidal’s founding team are leaders in Australian technology and are part of an extensive network of experienced professionals which supports the portfolio companies to achieve their goals.
The Business Development / Investor Relations Associate is responsible for supporting the Head of Distribution and Managing Partner in all fundraising and investor relations activities.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
• Support the efforts of the Head of Distribution and Managing Partner to develop an ongoing activity schedule with existing and prospective LPs
• Provide follow up and regular communications to prospects and committed investors
• Build effective relationships with LPs and wealth advisers via phone based and e-mail communication with the aim of providing ongoing engagement
• Take a prominent role in investor relations activity and engagement, including investor communications and events planning
• Conduct research projects to identify key prospects
• Manage technology projects to develop the CRM and other technology platforms
• Develop a network of personal contacts in the industry to contribute the sales pipeline
• Manage inbound queries in a professional and timely manner through to completion
• Manage client engagement schedules independently
Your skills, interests and experience:
• An interest in technology and/or venture capital combined with a desire to build a career in funds management distribution
• Tertiary qualifications, ideally in commerce and/or technology related fields
• Demonstrated experience (2-4 years) in the Financial Services industry with a sound understanding of investment structures, funds management and distribution channels
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships and strong interpersonal / communication skills
• Ability to identify and understand client needs and respond in a timely, professional manner;
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint knowledge and the ability to understand other new systems and applications quickly
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to operate without supervision on a proactive basis;
• It will be highly regarded if you have attained or are studying towards a Masters in Commerce, CFA, CAIA or CIMA
• Experience gained at a top tier consultant, asset manager or investment bank will also be highly regarded
What makes a Tidal team member:
We are a small team from all walks of life that came together with a mission to create Australia’s leading Seed Venture Capital platform.
We are obsessed with the creation of technology products that have the potential to transform the way we work, transact, move and live in this world. We spend our waking hours focused on super-charging the capabilities of our founders, so that we can create superior returns for our investors. Read more about our investing principles here.
Whilst we will consider applications from any Australian resident for work purposes, you must have the ability to work in Sydney. We have a hybrid in-person / remote working culture
Sydney NSW Australia
Business Development / Investor Relations Associate Sydney NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.