Flex Alajuela Province Alajuela Costa Rica
1 month ago
Through the collective strength of 170,000 team members across 30 countries and responsible, sustainable operations, Flex, a Fortune global 500 company, is the diversified manufacturing partner of choice that helps market-leading brands design, build and deliver innovative products that improve the world.
We welcome people of all backgrounds. A career with Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your growth, and build great products for our customers that improve people's lives. Together, let's create the extraordinary!
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Quality Engineer to our Manufacturing Plant located in Alajuela (Saret Industrial Park).
The position reports directly to the Quality Manager, Quality Engineer role involves maintaining quality engineering programs, standards and improvements within the organization.
What a typical day looks like:
• Develops and initiates... standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
• Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
• Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost.
• Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability.
• Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
• Holds up Product Engineers and Quality Program Managers with customer interfaces as necessary on quality related issues.
• Assures data availability and integrity for all quality related data. Consolidates and reports quality results.
• Initiates corrective action requests as needed and tracks to satisfactory completion.
• Assists with development and implementation of quality audits.
• In charge of developing, applying, revising and maintaining quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished products.
• Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or production equipment.
• Explores reports and returned products and recommends corrective action.
• Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement and research of equipment and facilities.
• Approves product, process and equipment qualifications.
• Provides liaison to various regulatory bodies.
• Previous experience in process improvement.
The experience we're looking to add to our team:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience and training.
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
• Fluent English.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Use of the following tools may be required: Electronic Assembly: color code, component, schematics. May require various PCB operations. Testing: oscilloscope, cable and harness testing, trouble shooting, component testing, logic analyzer.
• Inspection: bare board, systems, components, cable and harness, microscope, measuring tools.
• Mechanical & Electrical Tools: taps and dies, alignment tools, measuring tools.
• Demonstrates operations and technical skills and understanding of Flex's functional standards.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of functional concepts and a solid understanding of Flex policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computerized electronic test equipment and programming.
• Demonstrates advanced functional and technical skills and basic process skills.
• Demonstrates advanced/thorough knowledge of the function and Flex business.
• Skill and troubleshooting, diagnostics and overview of the entire test process and the ability to train others.
• Demonstrates advanced operations, technical and people and/or process skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of the function and a thorough understanding of Flex and related business.
• Demonstrates knowledge of multiple functional technologies/processes, industries or functions and understanding of interdependencies of such processes at the site.
• Certification in Six Sigma is also a plus.
• Experience in 8D's Methodology (Root Cause Analysis) is also a plus.
• Experience in ISO 9000 is also a plus.
• Experience in electronic devices / Plastic molding is also a plus.
What you'll receive for the great work you provide:
• Competitive Salary.
• Additional vacation time.
• Employee Association.
• Performance Bonus.
• Career Development Support.
• Private Medical and Life Insurance.
• Opportunity to work remotely (partially).
• Chance to work for a worldwide leading company.
• Great work environment.
At Flex, we believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and know there is much more to a great employee than just a list of requirements - if you are excited about a role (but don't meet every bullet-point), we encourage you to apply. You might be just who we are looking for! Our inclusive environment welcomes individuals of any age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process.
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing:
Alajuela Province Alajuela Costa Rica
Jobs in Alajuela Province Alajuela Costa Rica
Quality Engineer Alajuela Province jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.