Fortes Education United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
1 month ago
Fortes Education has been a leading education provider in the UAE for over four decades with premium international schools and nurseries that have experienced outstanding success and growth. Our schools offer the most innovative and character-building education in the entire Middle East region.
Our core ethos and philosophy of education is Positive Education (PosEd). Through PosEd, our schools foster active engagement in learning, celebrating character strengths and accomplishments. We encourage children to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and seek meaning and purpose in their own lives. We enable children to become happy learners and develop into innovative thinkers, confident young adults, and life-long learners. Children develop resilience, a growth mindset and deep character strengths that allow them to flourish in an ever-changing world.
About Sunmarke School – Where Amazing Happens
Sunmarke School provides an ambitious and inspiring, values-based... education that nurtures the hearts and minds of students so that they can flourish and achieve their dreams. Powered by our unique signature programs, Sunmarke is a uniquely innovative school transforming young lives.
Sunmarke is an all–through school which offers a premium education across a fantastic range of pathways for students including the National Curriculum of England, GCSE/IGCSE,'A' Levels, BTEC and the IB Diploma and Career Related Programmes. We also offer a suite of Signature Programmes unrivalled in Dubai. With unique experiences in Environmental and Sustainability Studies, students learn in Forest School settings, as well as utilise cutting-edge hydroponic technology to examine how science can support sustainability in future terrains. Our world-class STEAM centre offers students an incredible opportunity to apply their learning in solving real-world problems, from Foundation Stage through to Year 9. We run best-in-class mini-MBA programmes for our Year 10 to 13 students in conjunction with the University of Birmingham and the Peter Jones Academy, to ensure their future success in business and entrepreneurship. We are technologically innovative and run comprehensive AI programmes for students in all core subjects, as well as deepening other subjects through Augmented and Virtual Reality AR/VR experiences. We have outstanding performing arts opportunities with fantastic facilities and amazing teachers to help our more creative students truly find their voice. Sunmarke School was judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a Very Good' school in our 3rd year of operation and 'Outstanding'?in our British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection in 2019.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to "outstanding". Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Secondary School librarian for Sunmarke School for an immediate start.
The right candidate will have previous experience working in a successful Library and will have excellent organisational and communication skills. The Librarian will be responsible to carry out the day-to-day operation of the library under the direction of the Head Librarian. The role will be based in the Secondary team.
• Promote a love of reading and a culture of curiosity, independent learning and active research amongst staff and students at all levels
• Ensure that the library plays an active and stimulating role in the intellectual life of the School.
• Advising on usage of resources and helping establish where improvements can be made
• Liaising with faculty heads to ensure key material is readily available.
• Be familiar with all aspects of curriculum in all phases covered by Fortes Education.
• Managing a responsive enquiry service, including literature searches and advice to colleagues.
• Processing new materials including books, audiovisual materials, etc.
• Registering and updating students records through the library system.
• Support the active and appropriate use of digital information services within and beyond the School.
• Ensure that services and facilities meet the needs of students and staff.
• Lending and collecting books, periodicals, and other library materials at circulation desks.
• Shelving books, periodicals, audiovisuals, etc. in the designated storage areas.
• Maintain library inventory and conduct periodic audits of the information on file
• Help stakeholders navigate the electronic records and periodicals
• Check books and other materials in and out of the library
• Teach students and staff how to use the electronic database and its functions
• Locating library materials for students including books, periodicals, audiovisuals, etc.
• Guiding patrons on how to use library services and resources.
• Proficient in MS Office Application and familiar with OPAC .
• Minimum Graduate Degree in Library Science.
• Must have at least 3 years' relevant experience in library cataloging/classification.
• Previous experience in an educational setting is a must.
• Infectious passion for reading, literature and technology in education.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Engenders mutual respect with students, staff and parents.
• Flexible and responsive to the needs of the school community and driven to achieve the best outcomes for the school.
• Model and promote lifelong learning.
• Highly motivated individual with a strong 'can do' attitude.
• Dedicated to creating opportunities for the use of library resources and facilities.
The successful candidate will be a highly committed team player with the drive, energy and passion to develop this new and forward-looking school. Applicants must be willing to lead by example and play a full part in the development of the school. An attractive financial package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you have the passion, energy, and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we will welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role in our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting:
Interviews will take place either face-to-face in Dubai or by video conferencing if the applicant is not based in Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Jobs in United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
Secondary School Librarian United Arab Emirates jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.