Medlink Georgia Colbert GA Georgia
1 month ago
• Assists with planning, implementing, and evaluating the diabetes self-management, education, and nutritional program.
• Provides nutritional therapy, education, and support to patients with diabetes, prediabetes, and related conditions, both one-on-one and in groups...
• Provides preventive nutritional therapy and education to adults and children who are overweight or obese, both one-to-one and in groups.
• Assists with the development, co-coordination, and maintenance of MedLink Georgia's Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program.
• Reviews, evaluates, and monitors the nutritional component of the Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program, including outreach, registration, session implementation, curriculum development, wellness activities, data collection, and patient education and reporting.
• Maintains familiarity with current national standards developed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, American Diabetes Association, and/or the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
• Assists the Program Coordinator with continuous program and processes review to assure that all centers comply with uniform quality standards.
• Provides vision and leadership for the Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support team with attention to the latest developments in nutrition, diabetes care, customer service, multidisciplinary team involvement, continuous quality improvement, and cost-effective outcomes.
• Provides coaching, mentoring, peer review, team building, and guidance to diabetes program educators and support staff related to the provision of Diabetes Self-Management Education and/or medical nutrition education and therapy.
• Maintains personal proficiency of specialty competency and education skills in order to serve as an ongoing resource for team members, physicians, and other staff related to nutrition counseling.
• Provides continuing education for the program staff.
• Projects assigned appropriately based on professional skill areas, experience, and interest.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Handles protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Registered Dietitian by the CDR (Commission on Dietetic Registration) and Licensed in the State of Georgia, or registered nurse CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator) or ability to obtain CDE within1 year of employment
• Valid [state] driver's license, reliable transportation, safe driving record, and insurance coverage required
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Colbert GA USA
Registered Dietitian Colbert jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.