TLM Partners Iceland Iceland
1 month ago
Created by Monsters. Built for gamers.™
Truly Likeable Monsters (TLM), is a world-class video game company focused on development for some of the biggest games in the industry. Our mission is to break down barriers in the video game industry and make game tech available to all game developers regardless of size.
We are looking for good humans with incredible talent to make great games.
Position Summary: Senior Technical Designer
• As a Technical Designer, you will have a pivotal role in supporting our team by creating tools, establishing processes, and defining guidelines throughout the creation of the game.
• 100% Remote position & other cool benefits
• Working with an international team on AA or AAA games in an Unreal Studio
• Best-in-class benefits & work flexibility
• Reports to: Design Lead / Technical Director
• Point of contact and conduit of communication with other teams such as programming and art, relating to technical design issues and processes.
•... Identify pipeline issues and propose solutions to establish a better workflow and work frame.
• Create tools for level and game designers to help them prototype and test their map and gameplay in the best conditions possible.
• Work with Design requirements to create, iterate on and maintain prototypes.
• Work with engineering to develop and help integrate technologies and features that will be the backbone of the project.
• Develop, harmonize and support a good workflow between the level art and design teams to maximize collaboration and efficiency.
• Rapid prototyping of tools that allow a quick testing of the feasibility of features and ideas
• Create documentation to be used by level designers and other teams relating tools, ingredients, and constraints.
• Enforce best practices, whether it pertains to metrics or the organization of the work in the engine
• Mentor, shadow and accompany other members of the Tech/Design family
• 5+ years of experience in a Technical (Level) Design position or a Senior Level/Game Designer position
• Unreal Engine 4 development experience
• Ability to identify and solve technical issues for tool development
• Strong knowledge of content pipeline and toolsets for level design and game production in general
• Demonstrated skills in the general concepts of programming and scripting and asset creation hierarchy.
• Asset Optimization skills and a skill for debugging and finding leak and performance issues
• Ability to change and adapt workflows according to the project’s need
• Positive attitude, problem solver, ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Ability to self manage and impose priorities among many potential requests, with the help of team lead.
• Good communication skills in English
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience with Python language is a solid plus.
• Experience with C++ a nice to have
• Experience with Sequencer in Unreal Engine for Cinematics
• Great interpersonal skills
Senior Technical Designer (Unreal Engine) Iceland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.