City of Atlanta
City of Atlanta Atlanta GA Georgia
1 month ago
Posting Expires: 5/3/23...
Salary range: $34,700 - $43,400
At the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our police officers, firefighters and building inspectors keep our citizens safe. Our Public Works staff keeps our City clean and helps maintain, build and improve our City's infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life.
Our engineers help keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
General Description and Classification Standards
Performs administrative support duties for OAAM Fleet Unit. Includes typing and data entry, tracking, verifying, and updating reports for internal use, customer service call handling, timely processing and disseminating of information, paperwork and follow through for a variety of unit support needs. Processes required paperwork on all DWM vehicles, processes all vehicle accident reports and coordinates with Equipment Safety Supervisors for vehicle accident repairs, processes all invoices, and electronically files vehicle repair orders, processes monthly preventive maintenance reports. Assists with fixed asset inventory and assists with scheduling and maintenance tracking of repair work on DWM vehicles and equipment. Performs other administrative tasks related to DWM assets. Assists management as directed. Handles all matters with speed and accuracy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
• Provides information, assistance, and services to the Department of Watershed Management, its employees, and others in person, by telephone or by other forms of communication. Prepares and maintains written correspondence as required.
• Performs routine computer-related duties including data entry and retrieval. Performs routine clerical, scanning, and filing duties.
• Maintains accurate records of office files, libraries, and inventory files. Retrieves and delivers information, documents, supplies.
• Successfully completes all assignments to specifications, within specified timeframe and budget, as directed and in accordance with agency policies and regulations. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
• Ability to review documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance; compile data and information for reports; compose letters and memoranda; and explain policies and procedures.
• Ability to accurately enter and/or retrieve information from various computer systems and/or programs in a timely manner. Ability to maintain accurate records, logs, or other documentation as required by the position.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize work. Ability to perform other clerical duties such as filing, answering the phone and/or compiling correspondence. Ability to type.
• Knowledge of general office policies, procedures, and practices. Skill in the use of office equipment including computers, printers, scanners, and various software applications.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Preferred Education & Experience Completion of technical or vocational course of study in the appropriate area and 2-3 years' of directly related experience.
Licensures and Certifications Must possess a valid Georgia Driver's License
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job
Atlanta GA USA
Equipment Maintenance / Safety Inspector (OAAM) Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.