University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust Derby United Kingdom
1 month ago
A one point salary uplift on offer and a £5K retention fee payable after successful completion of 1 year full-time equivalent service.
We are excited to offer the following opportunity for doctors wishing to join our well established CESR rotation at the Royal Derby Hospital (UHDB).
You will commence with a fixed term Specialty Doctor contract in Emergency Medicine for 12 months and providing satisfactory progress is made at the end of the first year, successful candidates will have the option to progress onto the CESR programme.
Following successful progression through the programme, we will be able to guarantee specific secondment-style modules in the CESR programme - secondments offered include Anaesthetics, ITU, Acute Medicine and Paediatric Emergency Medicine.
In addition you will be allocated a designated Consultant supervisor for the duration of the rotation, as well as a CESR mentor.
You will be expected to participate in the 24-hour Emergency Department Middle Grade... rota.
The post holder must be registered with the GMC and hold a full licence to practice.
Main duties of the role include:-
• Participation in the ED 24/7 middle grade rota.
• The ability to cover the whole range of clinical responsibility for both those patients seen in the Emergency Department and inpatients on our observation ward.
• To gain competencies over time with support and development to be able to manage the ED overnight.
• Clinical duties will include taking a lead role in the management of acutely ill and trauma patients. The qualities of leadership required as head of an emergency team are stressed and it is anticipated that these qualities will be gradually learned through the process of supervision of more junior doctors and involvement in their education, both formal and informal.
• To prioritise and time-manage effectively according to the activity of the department and to utilise appropriately the available senior staff for advice.
• Education - to be fully involved in supporting the training of all levels of staff: medical; nursing; para-medical.
• Quality improvement - you will be expected to assume responsibility (under the supervision of a Consultant) for a specific audit topic or quality improvement project.
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In Return We Will Offer
• Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
• On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
• A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts About Our Trust
• Our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients daily
• We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
• An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – 6th largest in the country
• Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients daily.
• We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
• We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
• We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Dr Elizabeth Burgess Job title: ED Consultant Email address: [email protected] Telephone number: 01332 783139
Specialty Doctor/CESR in Emergency Medicine Derby jobs
Jobs by University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.