Discovery Limited South Africa South Africa
1 month ago
Discovery – Marketing Social Media Manager- Vitality About Discovery
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
To Support The Social Media Team By Creating And Managing All Social Media Content And Strategies That Enable Business To Meet Their Objectives By
• Driving and defining the implementation of the overall strategy
• Coordinate between internal teams on which campaigns get posted
• Understanding the impact of that strategy across business
• Gain new followers and retain existing followers
• Build brand... love
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
• Develop campaign strategies for attracting and retaining followers across all Vitality social media platforms
• Define, execute, track and report well-structured brand social content campaigns and operations, along with the development of clear objectives per campaign to drive meaningful insights and content optimisation.
• Build trust and loyalty among social media audience enabled by deep understanding of our products through the effective implementation of content and creative.
• In close collaboration with brand teams and business stakeholders develop social media content that fosters a deep sense of community and grows both brand engagement and revenue.
• Grow and enhance our social media presence across platforms; Manage community comments and messages, in partnership with Customer Support and others.
• Monitor trends on social media.
• Analysing campaigns and translating anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for testing new ideas, and help key stakeholders understand what is working and why.
• Non neg- must have amazing content writing skills, from daily posts to LinkedIn articles, polls and stories
• Must understand the overall Marketing strategy, and then lead social media campaigns thereafter.
• Must have the ability to extract insights and change tactics when required as the pace of social is everchanging
• Create and implement social media processes to manage monthly calendars and plan in advance. Engage with internal teams and advise on what works best per channel ie: videos, polls, gif and chase to review creative briefs before it reaches agencies
• Must lead brainstorms and suggest innovative ways to market new products or retain existing members
• Be open to working all live events, posting on the fly, and managing work on weekends when required
• Manage campaigns from teams on a daily basis to decide what we write and post, and make sure the brand is consistent across all platforms.
• Facilitate the process to increase brand love and increase engagement throughout
• Act as the custodian of CI by ensuring design, copy and brand personality consistency
• Must be able to write campaign reports based off sentiments and engagement
• Manage a budget
• Build and maintain relationships with key business people, both at a strategic and operational level
• Bringing ideas to business
• Implementing new and innovative ideas to manage social media
• Ensure effective implementation of plans
• Manage conflict
• Responding to business needs
• Dealing with queries after hours and on weekends when required
• Various social media audiences and channels
• Up to date on trends
• Different Discovery audiences
• Discovery’s products and business processes
• Key individuals in Discovery and who to go to for what
• Strategic thinking
• Convert technical information to audience appropriate communication
• Influence and persuade people to get things done
• Present and sell your ideas
• Question processes, strategy and outputs
• Multi-task on multiple projects Leadership skills: Guide, develop and motivate others
• Make decisions
• Solve complex problems
• Build trusted partnerships
• Strong customer / partner and sponsorship relations
• Manage conflict
• Manage trade offs
• Instill confidence in others
• Communicate well in English both in writing and verbally
• Attention to Detail
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite - Photoshop, or video for quick animations
• TikTok knowledge
• Sprinklr Knowledge – not a must, a nice to have
• People and relationship focused
• Team player
• Seen as a trusted advisor by clients
• Able to work calmly under pressure and provide answers and direction to others
• Flexible and adaptable
• Tenacious and persistent
• Dynamic and energetic
• Passionate, particularly passion for fitness
• Have initiative- being a self-starter
• Naturally inclined to work hard
• Action oriented (doer)
• Solution oriented
• Detail oriented
• Ability to think outside the box
Education And Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Social Media Management, Digital marketing and SEO, Marketing, Communications
• Preferred 5+ years’ experience in social community management, with proven examples of strategies, campaigns and content generation, such as demonstrating audience growth and increased engagement.
• A passion for social media and understanding its business impact.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others.
• Ability to partner cross-functionally and work with a wide range of stakeholders.
• 5 + years marketing experience working with external partners/agencies on digital media campaigns.
• Knowledge of social scheduling and social analytic tools such as Sprinklr.
• Ability to adapt and to improve/optimise through data analytics and performance.
• Proven ability to manage a campaign from conceptualision, creative brief creation and approval, execution, and measurement.
• Creative thinker and eager to learn.
• Understanding of consumer social media campaigns, with deep knowledge of social platform functionality and best practice across platforms such as:
• Tik Tok
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Excellent organizational skills especially when planning content calendars
• A knack for creativity
• SEO knowledge
• Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Social Media Marketing Manager South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.