University of Banja Luka
University of Banja Luka Turku Finland
1 month ago
Organisation/Company University of Turku Research Field Engineering » Materials engineering Chemistry » Other Chemistry » Physical chemistry Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Finland Application Deadline 8 May 2023 - 21:59 (UTC) Type of Contract To be defined Job Status Full-time Hours Per Week 38 Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme? Not funded by an EU programme Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure? No
Turku region with its 320,000 people is a major urban area and a leading hub for technological development and economic growth in Finland. This former capital, located in the southwestern Finland, has a rich cultural history and is the gateway to a most beautiful archipelago.
The University of Turku is a world-class research university that offers interesting challenges and a unique vantage point to international research and the higher education in Finland. The University of Turku is... the highest ranked Finnish university outside of Helsinki.
We are looking for an Assistant / Associate Professor (tenure track) in Computational Materials Engineering who wants to join us when we continue to build a new strategic area of expertise at the University of Turku. The professorship is positioned at the Faculty of Technology in the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering. The Materials Engineering Unit is a young and dynamic team with an extensive external project portfolio, which includes ERC grants. We are aiming for a start date during the fall 2023 but we are flexible.
The Materials Engineering Unit has currently expertise in battery materials and technologies, solar energy materials and systems, light-emitting materials and devices, materials in health technology, and artificial intelligence for materials science. We are looking for candidates whose research and teaching track record is in the broad field of computational studies of interfaces for energy, health and manufacturing technologies. The following is a non-exclusive list of suitable research areas featuring surface and interface phenomena:
• 2D functional materials and devices, thin films, organic/inorganic interfaces, OLEDs and organic electronics, solar cell materials and hydrogen production systems.
• Physical chemistry, catalysis, solvated interfaces, electrochemistry, biosensors and innovative liquid and solid battery materials.
• Interfaces in biological environments, surface fouling, biodegradation, and inflammatory behavior.
• Bio-inspired and bio-derived materials, sustainable chemical engineering (e.g., for additives, coatings, stabilizers), soft matter simulations, drug-delivery systems.
• Computational materials modification and design, alloys and heterostructures, powder-based and fused deposition modeling and smart materials.
We are building a diverse team and appreciate applicants with different backgrounds. We value, for example, broad academic, professional and societal networks, societal impact and outreach activities, experience in technology transfer, industry or entrepreneurial experience and multidisciplinary collaboration. History of joint research lines and collaborations with experimental partners is a merit. We appreciate a cross-disciplinary mindset and the willingness to broaden own research profile. For all positions, we require an active approach and genuine enthusiasm for teaching and educational development, and value teaching experience and pedagogical studies.
We value equality and diversity in our work community and encourage qualified applicants, regardless of background, to apply for our open positions.
The successful applicants may be appointed to a fixed-term associate / assistant professorship (tenure track) depending on their previous academic merits:
• For the position of Assistant Professor, we seek proactive researchers and teachers beyond their post doc phase yet still at their early academic career, and who already have a proven track record of scientific research.
• For the position of Associate Professor, we emphasize a proven international track record of scientific research, teaching experience and societal influence. In addition, we value proof of acquiring external research funding and industrial collaboration.
The salary for this post is determined in accordance with the university salary system for teaching and research personnel (YPJ) when negotiating the employment contract. The position is subject to a six-month trial period.
Applications must be submitted on May 8 th 2023 (at 23:59) at the latest via the electronic application form of the University of Turku; link to the application system can be found at the beginning of this announcement (Apply for the job). For the position, please contact Vice Head of Department, Professor Kati Miettunen . Administrative and practical issues may be discussed with Faculty of Technology’s Head of Faculty Administration Sanna Hirvola
Assistant / Associate Professor (tenure track) in Computational... Turku jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.