Bossa Goodtimes Bar & Restaurant
Bossa Goodtimes Bar & Restaurant South Africa South Africa
1 month ago
We are looking for an experienced front of house manager to run the service side of our bar and restaurant. Our ideal candiate will have several years management experience in a restaurant environment.
You are ultimately responsible to ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences. In this role you will hire, train, schedule, discipline, motivate and delegate front of house employees. You must also facilitate a smooth line of communication between servers and the kitchen. You need to be able to oversee the restaurant floor, provide support to front of house employees, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity.
As front of house manager there are various admin, reporting and financial responsibilities that must be completed. There are various legal requirements that must always be adhered to – during the operation of the restaurant. We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift employees during busy moments in our fast-paced pressured... environment.
• Coordinate, supervise and provide support with day-to-day shift operations in front of house.
• Facilitate quick and efficient communication between front- and back-of-house restaurant and bar operations.
• Interact with customers to gain feedback on their experience with the service and food quality. Deliver exceptional service and boost customer satisfaction.
• Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints and feedback.
• Supervise front of house employees and appropriately delegate tasks to employees.
• Recruiting and interviewing new front of house employees.
• Train new employees on proper customer service practices, menu knowledge, and health and safety policies in the workplace. Also ensure that continuous training is provided for current employees.
• Organising and supervising front of house employee shifts. Keeping track of employee hours and to schedule staff in an efficient manner to ensure that that demands of customers are covered, while ensuring that budget requirements are adhered to.
• Resolving all employee conflicts swiftly, professionally and properly.
• Take necessary disciplinary action when required, as per company and legal requirements.
• Review, report and provide feedback from staff performance appraisals to improve productivity.
• Ensure that all company policies and legal requirements (for example liquor licence conditions) are followed. Maintaining safety and food quality standards and ensure compliance with sanitation and hygiene regulations.
• Estimate and communicate needs for goods; stationary, cleaning products, cutlery, crockery, etc.
• Place daily orders for inventory that does not fall under back of house. Coordinate with back of house about the orders to ensure that no double orders are done.
• Monitor and control operational costs and assist in identifying measures to ensure minimum wastage.
• Ensure that all operational admin and cash handling procedures are done honestly and accurately.
• Attend and arrange frequent meetings.
Skills & requirements:
• Proven work experience as a restaurant manager or similar hospitality supervisory role.
• Certification/qualification in hospitality management preferred, however not essentially required.
• Extensive food and beverage knowledge and understanding necessary.
• In-dept understanding of health and safety regulations.
• Computer literate (with MS Office software) and familiar with restaurant management software – Pilot.
• Numeracy & analytical skills. Keen attention to details.
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Bilingual communication skills strongly preferred.
• Leadership and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Problem solving skills, in a high-pressure environment. Capability to deescalate tense situations and interactions.
• Ability to remain calm and maintain restraint in stressful situations.
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
• Enthusiastic, creative and full of energy, with confident customer service skills.
• Ability to work and manage a team in a demanding environment.
• Flexibility to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
If you feel you meet the above-mentioned requirements, kindly apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R9,000.00 - R12,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Tygervalley, Western Cape: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
• restaurant management: 1 year (Preferred)
• Day Shift (Required)
• Night Shift (Required
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Front of House Manager South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.