Suncor Sarnia Canada
1 month ago
Joining Suncor means you will work for one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive and lead. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise.
As part of a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals, you will provide the technical support necessary to ensure reliable and efficient operations. You will provide solutions to chronic equipment problems and initiate or participate in equipment failure studies. You will also analyze equipment performance reports to identify and implement improvement opportunities so that your area's reliability is not only maintained, but increased.
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Applied Science or equivalent and registered as or immediately eligible to register as a professional engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
• Four to six years... of relevant experience
• Experience with advanced design and analysis software tools
• Ability to define complex multivariable problems
• Strong interpersonal & communications skills to deal with management & technical staff
• Knowledge of applicable codes, standards and regulatory requirements
• Provide technical expertise to operations regarding equipment reliability improvement technologies and methods
• Participate in operations problem solving meetings with mechanical, instrumentation, electrical and inspection disciplines
• Compile a list of repetitive failures and remedy their causes through the application of failure analysis techniques
• Develop projects for a five to ten year reliability improvement plan
• Provide technical expertise to field maintenance personnel during repair work
• Prioritize the health and safety of employees and the environment
Location and other Key Details:
• You will work out of our Sarnia refinery in Ontario, located at 1900 St. Clair Parkway
• Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
• Our business professional roles follow internal compensation guidelines and the pay band will generally be based years of experience and scope of work
Suncor's operations include oil sands development, production and upgrading; offshore oil and gas; petroleum refining in Canada and the U.S.; and the company's Petro-Canada retail and wholesale distribution networks (including Canada's Electric Highway™, a coast-to-coast network of fast-charging electric vehicle stations). Suncor is developing petroleum resources while advancing the transition to a low-emissions future through investment in power, renewable fuels and hydrogen.
With a strong strategy for growth and our long-standing approach to sustainability, operational excellence, capital discipline and technology and innovation, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career. We offer rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions – all of which means tremendous potential for your future. We are focused on deepening our commitment to inclusion and diversity and creating a respectful workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We have numerous employee inclusion networks to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change within Suncor. Current networks include both workplace inclusion networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship). Through the Journey of Reconciliation, we are progressing the way we think and act to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada. Please note we will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request
Maintenance Engineer Sarnia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.