EIS Lithuania Lithuania
1 month ago
Senior Cloud Database Engineer
Department: 166 Cloud Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Compensation: €4,000 - €4,700 / month
Are you powerful, proactive, and prone to excellence? Are you missing coworkers who challenge you? We’re the Olympians of “Strong Personalities”. Get in here, we’re doing MSaaS and we’re growing! If you bring the skills, we’ll make you better. We have opportunities, customers, and likely the most brilliant people you’re ever going to work with. You must have SQL and RDBMS skills. NoSQL, Search, ETL, and Data-warehousing are a plus. We have PostgreSQL, MsSQL, SOLR, Cassandra, GLU, Memcached, Redis, RDS Proxies, and a whole lot more.
Our Production Operations culture centers around embracing a team mentality. We look for people that are highly motivated, love the process and will not hesitate to jump into their responsibilities headfirst. We want your time with us to be an investment in both you and EIS. We look for... people that embody the characteristics of being humble where you focus more on the success of your team and your customers; hungry, meaning you have a strong work ethic, are determined to get things done and contribute in any way you can; and finally inner personally smart.
If you read this and know you check the boxes, Production Operations may be the right place for you and your career.
The Senior Cloud Database Engineer is responsible for providing operational database systems management, configuration, and optimization. This role will also involve Senior level discussions within the team and outside the team and be a representative of the team in architectural discussions. Environment cloud-based (AWS + Azure) using PostgreSQL, MS SQL relational databases, and its corresponding cloud services, as well as noSQL databases like Casandra.
As a member of the ProdOps Team, the role requires frequent interaction with multiple teams including Engineering, QA, Professional Services, Security, Development Operations, Support, Network Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering.
• Work well with others.
• Administer and maintain customer production environments and provide day-to-day operational support.
• Monitor and Insure operational stability, and create recommendations and execute changes to improve both stability and performance.
• Provide thought leadership, advice and guidance in your field of expertise, especially for architecture and design for current and future customer deployments/environments.
• Provide inputs in setting governance and standards related to all aspects of cloud services.
• Perform ongoing tuning of customer SaaS environments.
• Build and provide actionable reports in support of performance testing to be submitted to the project teams to review and provide follow-up actions to ensure optimum support to meet SLAs.
• Provide problem and root cause analysis data to the IT support organization through capacity management tools and techniques.
• Audit, review, and improve automation surrounding customer environments.
• Support the entire SaaS life cycle, from initial setup through mature operations.
• Be a stable touchpoint for customers in all support-related encounters.
• Put standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
• Minimum 7 years experience with systems administration.
• Minimum 3 years of Cloud design and architecting experience.
• Minimum 2 years of automation experience.
• Strong understanding of AWS and Azure technology.
• AWS Solutions Architect Associate, equivalent or Azure Administrator or equivalent.
• Automation experience for day-to-day tasks is required.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving heterogeneous problems in complex systems.
• Experience with cloud High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) design and architecture.
• Experience with AWS Well-Architected Framework.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Experience with database technologies and resiliency is a plus.
• Communication Skills: excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Technologies: Atlassian, Git, Terraform, Jenkins, Groovy, Python, Datadog.
• Possible longer hours during production incidents.
• Flexibility with respect to time zones.
• Work with top talent and great colleagues who are industry and technology experts. Operate in a Scaled Agile environment, diverse, multicultural and cross-functional teams.
• We are a global and modern software product company building world-class Enterprise InsurtTech Product powered by leading-edge technologies (microservices, reactive, cloud, continuous delivery)
• We can offer ownership to our employees- from being able to make decisions that impact the growth of the company, to giving stock options
• We offer freedom - build from building your career path through development programs and exciting global mobility opportunities (we have a remote and global culture)
• Attractive compensation packages (includes merit-based increase and stock options)
• We offer flexible working hours, remote or hybrid work options
• Participate in a variety of new knowledge-sharing and training opportunities - EIS University, external training, conferences, and certification programs
• Earn bonuses through our Employee Referral Program
• Health insurance and gym coverage
• Team building events
• We work with the newest Apple Macbooks
• Please note that we will be proceeding only with those applications that have valid working permits in the location stated in the vacancy description
Senior Cloud Database Engineer Lithuania jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.