Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health Fort Worth TX United States
1 month ago
The Music Therapist offers clinical evidence-based music therapy interventions including assessment, treatment, and ongoing evaluation for patients and their families designed to address physical, emotional, cognitive, and psychosocial needs...
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
• Directs music therapy sessions to improve patient’s mental health and physical well-being.
• Serves patients, families and caregivers by assessing their emotional and physical state and offering appropriate musical interventions.
• Provides therapeutic music at the bedside and in outpatient areas.
• Responds to referrals in a timely manner, setting appropriate priorities regarding referrals.
• Confers with members of the treatment team to plan and evaluate patient goals and desired outcomes.
• Serves as a resource for the creation of an aesthetic and artistic environment for patients, families, visitors and staff throughout Baylor Scott & White Healthcare System.
• Creates and sustains an attentive, helpful, safe and therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff.
• Mentors Music Therapy practicum students and interns.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
• Experience providing music interventions in a healthcare setting is required.
• Skilled musician.
• Ability to deal with complex situations and resolve patient and/or customer service concerns.
• Ability to give clear, concise and complete education and/or instructions.
• Works well in a patient centered environment as an integral team player.
• Ability to adjust communication style to suit different audiences.
• Caring listener, delicate, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, gracious and tactful.
• Ability to calm upset patients in a composed and professional demeanor.
• Masters Degree preferred
Our competitive benefits package includes the following.
• Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
• 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
• Tuition Reimbursement
• PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Board Cert Music Therapist (MTBC
Fort Worth TX USA
Jobs in Fort Worth TX United States
Therapist Music Fort Worth jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.