KPMG Cork Ireland
1 month ago
Description & Requirements
When you join KPMG Ireland, you are joining a community of over 4,200 employees who collectively work together, both in person and virtually, to achieve their full potential.
We are known as an organisation who want you to come as you are and do work that truly matters. Joining KPMG Ireland is an opportunity to enhance your career, not only in the work that you enjoy doing, but equally through the global connections that you make, the lifelong learning that you can accomplish and the chance to make your mark.
Are you our next EA/Officer Manager?
Contract type: 12 Month Contract
A snapshot of your peer group:
• 8+ years administration experience supporting C-Level Executives.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks
• Significant experience in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and working knowledge of SAP would be desirable.
• Excellent... PowerPoint skills is a must
• Be highly organised, have excellent attention to detail, be practical and solution-oriented and be able to work effectively both independently, and as part of a team
• Confident in dealing with clients and employees at all levels
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• A professional manner both in person and on the telephone
• A solutions-orientated approach to situations
• Energetic, personable and a team player
• seamlessly with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key members of the team.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information related to the company and its employees.
Your responsibilities and achievements will evolve as you enhance your career with us. Here is what you can initially expect:
This is a dual role. This role involves reporting directly to the Partner in Charge, the successful candidate will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the Partner in Charge and Senior Management team. They will also provide administrative assistance to 4 additional PDM. They will also manage the office and a PSG Team of 4 people.
The Executive Assistant (EA) serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Partner in Charge. The EA will also work a number of other members of the Senior Management team.
The EA must be creative and enjoy working within a mission-driven and results-driven team. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The EA must have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Partner in Charge and the Senior Management team including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates, and ensures the Partner in Charge schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Partner in Charge time and office.
• Researches, prioritises, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Partner in Charge, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Partner in Charges office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the Partner in Charge to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Partner in Charge updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organisation and manages a variety of projects.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Senior Management team to effectively lead the company.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison:
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings.
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
• Works with the Markets Executive Team in coordinating meetings, documentation preparation and circulation.
• Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including other Senior Partners within the firm and staff.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that the office is operating efficiently.
• Coordinate annual leave within the PSG team.
• Appraising and developing staff
• Liaise with the PSG team and manage workloads to ensure all preparation of documentation for the Audit teams are done timely.
• Liaising with the whole team on the rollout strategy and execution of new processes and activities.
• Liaise with external parties as necessary, including cleaners, contractors, or electricians when required.
• Manage office supplies inventory for the office.
• Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment and update relevant communication systems as necessary.
• Coordinate with new joiners to set up when required.
• These duties and responsibilities are reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the company. The Office Manager will be required to maintain, enhance, and develop their professional knowledge, skills, and aptitudes necessary to respond to a changing climate.
You will be joining a dynamic team of 4. The PSG team provides administrative support to PDM and associates for the Cork office.
Here's how KPMG can benefit more than just your career:
All of our employees are given a benefits package which they can tailor to suit their individual preferences. Our range of benefits include:
• Discounted health insurance
• The purchase of additional annual leave
• Frequent social events to help you build your network
• Early finish Fridays on bank holiday weekends and throughout the summer months.
• Relocation assistance for those moving to Ireland
• Complimentary access to a range of Learning & Development programmes including LinkedIn Learning.
When you join KPMG, your performance manager will support you to ensure that you are enhancing your skills from day one. You will also receive continuous support from our award-winning Business School where you will be continuously encouraged to deepen your knowledge and expertise within your chosen career path.
Inclusion & Diversity
Inclusion, diversity and equity are part of who we are at KPMG. We embrace diversity of background, experience, and perspective and we're committed to inclusion and equity at every level. At KPMG, we want to attract and retain the best talent. We recognise the strength that comes from having a diverse workforce and building a culture where we support all our people to achieve their potential. Visit to learn more.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.
Please note we do not require Agency assistance for this role.
By clicking apply to this role your application will not only be considered for this position, but your details will be stored on our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise. This means that the personal data contained in your application and provided to KPMG as part of the application process may be retained by us for up to 18 months from the date of your application and you hereby agree to that. If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database, please email stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application
Executive Assistant / Office Manager - Cork jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.