British Council Belgrade Serbia
1 month ago
Project coordinator CC4WB
Date: 18 April 2023
Contract type: Maternity cover - FTC
Supports the programme team in the implementation of programmes and projects in compliance with British Council policies and procedures including financial admin, reporting and data collection, operational project delivery and managing relations with delivery partners. They will work closely with the Programme Manager , Grants Manager, Finance Admin Coordinator, wider British Council project team, relevant regional and international experts, beneficiaries and stakeholders across the Western Balkans.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building... connections and engendering trust.
The Project Coordinator supports implementation of EU funded Culture and Creativity for the Western Balkans (CC4WBs) project. They will work to support British Council project team, relevant regional and international experts, beneficiaries and stakeholders across the Western Balkans, UK stakeholders, and project consortium partners.
This project will promote intercultural dialogue and enhance the socio-economic impact of the cultural and creative sector in the Western Balkans. Through a multi-sectorial approach targeting public authorities, the private sector and civil society organisations in culture, this action will (1) improve the performance of the cultural and creative sector in the Western Balkans; (2) strengthen the cultural cooperation within and with the Western Balkans and (3) enhance inclusive cultural heritage for local development. The ultimate beneficiaries will be citizens in the Western Balkans.
Main Accountabilities For This Role
Managing self and others
• Holds vendors and suppliers to account for delivering services.
• Has the ability to work independently and manage work load against project deadlines.
• Plan and report on project financial plans and budget expenditure and forecasting to Programme Managers and Head of Programme Delivery; manages smaller budgets.
• Maintain clear and up-to-date records on all financial transactions as per audit requirements.
• Ensure relationships with vendors are maintained and payments are processed on time and in accordance with FABS on-line system (SAP Finance) guidelines.
• Compliance to BC financial policies and procedures.
• Responsible for data management including timely data entry, quality assurance of data, undertaking basic analysis of monitoring data, and developing progress reports to meet needs of funders.
• Supports internal compliance such as due diligence, records management, data collection and storage.
• Supports grants administration, selection & evaluation,and procurement processes.
• Supports events-based components and trainings within a programme.
• Supports the project / programme manager in implementing diversity mainstreaming action plans and contributes to it.
• Coordinate delivery of high quality events and project activities (venues, consultant logistics, guest lists, transport, accommodation) working closely with project team, partners and stakeholders in order to meet the project plans and to ensure that all project activities are delivered consistently and in line with the project requirements and the British Council standards.
• Coordinating and/or providing support with logistics for organisation of all project’s capacity building activities (online and face-to-face), including obtaining necessary approvals from the British Council and partners;
• Performs other administrative tasks as required
Right to reside and work in Serbia
English, C1 level
Knowledge of local language
Experience of working in a supporting role on programmes or projects
Administrative and financial administration experience.
Role Specific Skills
• Function support
• Service & product delivery support
• Relationship and stakeholder management
Closing Date for applications: 02 May 2023, (23:59 UK time / 01:59 Central European Time)
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any technical problems please email [email protected]
Project coordinator Belgrade jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.