Food, Health & Consumer Products of Canada FHCP
Food, Health & Consumer Products of Canada FHCP Toronto Canada
1 month ago
Job Title: Manager, Health Product Regulatory Affairs
Reports To: Director, Health Product Regulatory Affairs
Location: Ottawa or Toronto
We are Food, Health & Consumer Products of Canada
We represent Canada’s largest manufacturing workforce, employing over 350000 people in nearly 10,000 locations from coast to coast. We represent the companies that make the products Canadians rely on every day – the food, health and household staples found in kitchens, pantries, and medicine cabinets across the country. Consumers have trusted FHCP’s members’ brands for more than a century.
FHCP -- On Every Shelf, In Every Home, For All Canadians
The Manager, Health Product Regulatory Affairs is responsible for managing, researching and evaluating regulatory affairs activities and projects that impact Food, Health & Consumer Products of Canada (FHCP) and its members. This position serves as a regulatory representative for the Association and is responsible for monitoring the... regulatory environment, providing assessments regarding the impact of new and changing regulations and initiatives, and participating in the development of health product policy and regulatory positions, and consulting with and supporting FHCP members on regulatory matters.
• Participates in and provides guidance on regulatory affairs activities and projects under the general direction of the Director, Health Product Regulatory Affairs or more senior staff.
• Supports and may lead committees, working groups, and task forces designed to share information among Association members and obtain member feedback; develops meeting agendas and materials to support productive discussions and actionable decisions.
• Compiles, drafts, and presents member consensus positions, in consultation with FHCP members, that are based on evidence-based policy. This includes responses to government and other stakeholders on matters of health product policy and regulation.
• Conducts analysis on potential and emerging regulations and regulatory activities, including assessment of potential opportunities and risks, with the goal of informing members and consulting them on the development of proactive positions and strategies.
• Participates in external activities such as industry and/or government meetings and workshops to represent the FHCP perspective.
• Engages with key external stakeholders, including other trade associations, advocacy organizations, scientific and professional societies, and public-private partnerships, on regulatory issues.
• Provides technical expertise in shaping and influencing emerging legislation, regulations, and other regulatory initiatives that support FHCP’s goals and objectives.
• Provides regulatory expertise to the Export Certificate Program Coordinator(s), as needed.
• Serves as a liaison and resource to staff and Members providing technical guidance on matters with a regulatory, scientific, or related professional focus.
• Perform other duties to support the team as required.
An ideal candidate would have
• Bachelor’s degree in science, health policy, economics, law or a related field.
• Familiarity with health products, medical devices, biotechnology industries.
• Preference is for at least 5 years of related experience but consideration is given for less experience where there is an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Experience with the concepts, principles, practices, and methodologies of policy and regulatory analysis.
• Understanding of Federal health product legislation and regulations.
• Ability to liaise and support the development of key stakeholder relationships such as regulatory bodies and technical experts.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Strong project coordination and research skills.
• Bilingualism (English and French) is a considerable asset.
• Understanding of the health system, the key stakeholders, their roles and the ability to assess perspectives from different sources and understand their relevance to the Association's goals.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and other related software.
What’s in it for you
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Professional development opportunities
• Generous paid vacation time, starting at 3 weeks annually
• Hybrid work model
• Comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, LTD, and company-matched RRSP contributions
• Paid Sick/Personal Days
• Incentive Bonus and lots more
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Food, Health & Consumer Products of Canada (FHCP) is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment where all forms of diversity are welcome, valued, and respected. At FHCP, we believe Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) is crucial, aligns with our core values of Service, Transparency, Accountability, and Respect, drives high performance and growth, and positively influences all aspects of our operations.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their resumes to [email protected] on or before April 21st, 2023. Applications will be reviewed as they are received so early submission is encouraged
Manager, Health Product Regulatory Affairs Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.