Educational Testing Service
Educational Testing Service Hagåtña Guam
1 month ago
Are you an experienced, passionate technical architect eager to make the world a better place by improving the quality and equity of education around the world? ETS' Enterprise Architecture team is looking for people passionate about bridging education research, business development and technology to improve lives. As a non-profit and a major player in the global education space, advancing learning and education opportunities for all people is ETS' shared mission and the core of all that we do. We seek to make a substantial difference in the world by driving the quality and equity of education around the world. Join us and change the world for the better!
The Senior Architect position in ETS' Enterprise Architecture Team has influence over all major technology decisions at ETS. You'll lead technology research and adoption, set technology standards and recommend best practices, evaluate and guide adoption of SaaS platforms, architect and design custom built products... and solutions, and work closely with business leaders to shape their vision and design technology solutions to bring them to life.
- Understand our business goals and shape technology solutions to meet them, balancing immediate needs and our strategic technology vision.
- Maintain a broad business understanding including customer and market trends
- Maintain a broad knowledge of emerging technology tools and trends and apply those to improving business processes (e.g. AR/VR, blockchain, Web3)
- As a technology expert, advise and consult with application teams on software development design based on deep experience (e.g. AWS, Java, serverless, Lambda, containers)
- Leverage a broad understanding of secure architecture, design, and development best practices to create secure architectures and guide development teams
- Develop proof of technology and proof of concepts in emerging technology
- Prototype system components and building blocks for larger scale software development projects
- Lead the adoption of cloud-native tools and services across our technology landscape
- Be an evangelist on the use of innovative technologies to solve business problems
- Represent IT, as needed, in various enterprise project activities
- Perform a wide variety of actions that require independent judgment, expertise, initiative, and follow-though as related to technology research and development activities
- Adhere to the ETS and IT standards applicable to your job function
- Facilitate cross team and cross component collaboration
- Experience with Enterprise and Solution Architecture methodologies, standards and best practices
- Deep hands-on development experience across the complete software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Cloud computing design and development, AWS preferred (Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, RDS)
- Rich and varied solution architecture and design experience balancing multiple priorities and stakeholder interests to drive business goals
- Architecture principles and frameworks
- Experience using threat modeling to analyze and improve architectures
- Strong analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working closely with business domains, understanding customer needs, and market trends
- AWS certifications (AWS Solution Architect Associate)
- Other cloud certifications
- Bachelor's degree with extensive coursework in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
Relevant Years of Experience:
- 8 years in IT
- Minimum 3 years in technology architecture and application design
ETS requires all new hires to either certify that they have been fully vaccinated or request and obtain an exemption due to medical or religious reasons by their start date.
ETS is an Equal Opportunity Employer comprised of people with different experiences, strengths, and backgrounds who share a passion for advancing quality and equity in education. We are dedicated to building teams that reflect the various backgrounds, experiences, and identities of those we serve. The Talent Acquisition team strives to ensure candidates enjoy a fair and equitable hiring process. We believe our differences empower us to be a better team, making better decisions and delivering better results.
From: Educational Testing Service
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.