Kinross Tasiast Nouakchott Mauritania
1 month ago
Purpose of the Role
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the CI Superintendent, this position will support the CI Superintendent in leading the implementation of the site’s Continuous Improvement (CI) program based upon recognized improvement methodologies and within the framework of Kinross’ global CI program, structure and guidelines. The position will provide data analysis expertise using statistical tools and CI methodologies and will be expected to help coach frontline employees to be data driven in their approach to CI. To work as a senior supervisor of site CI specialists and analysts and lead interdepartmental teams to drive increased adoption of a continuous improvement mind-set and culture through cost reduction, operational full potential, and waste eliminating initiatives. To interface with CI teams at other Kinross mine sites to share and adopt best practices to the implementation of initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties
• Work with mine site CI teams, as well as... other functions, to help identify and validate future opportunities.
• Assist in analyzing and interpreting data to identify cost savings or efficiency opportunities. Develop recommendations and action plans for improvement, and where applicable assist in tracking and monitoring progress.
• Promote teamwork and the implementation of standardized team processes throughout all areas of the mine sites.
• Work closely with all team members to help implement procedures and processes to track and value CI initiatives in alignment with Kinross initiative valuation guidance.
• Provide training so site personnel clearly understand the concepts of improvement based on proven CI methodologies.
• Compile and prepare regular progress reports for site senior management and for the Corporate CI team
• Periodically provide analytical and mine-site support for the corporate Operations Excellence team’s projects and initiatives (e.g. global tires initiative, Caterpillar Alliance, Kinross Way projects, etc.)
• When required, fill-in for the CI Superintendent in management meetings and presentations
• Coaching and training
Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations. Wears designated PPE at all times while in the production environment. Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions. Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
Work is complex and often performed under limited direction. Will be required to work within all levels of an organization throughout the operation. Ability to persuade and lead others without having a formal reporting line is an integral part of the role. Actively supports the various departments to ensure CI projects are completed on time, on budget, and to required standards. Is expected to manage and guide a team of CI professionals (e.g. Lean or Six Sigma Analysts, Rotational CI positions).
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in mining, chemical, or metallurgical engineering, accounting, finance or a related field or equivalent experience demonstrated through technical competencies. Additional specialized education, including master’s level degree or equivalent would be beneficial.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing, production, processing, or heavy industrial setting with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Lean or Six Sigma environment leading CI teams through initiatives and sustaining results
• Excellent computer skill set. Microsoft Office suite including Visio and Project
• Should be familiar with the use of a statistical analysis program (Minitab, SPSS, etc.), and have demonstrated analytical and quantitative skill set (ability to perform Logistical Regression, Modeling, etc)
• Ability to extract data from a variety of platforms and use in Excel, Access and Minitab for analysis.
• Able to create presentations to be used in training, monthly meetings and initiative specific updates.
• Strong understanding of financial statements and heavy industry concepts
• Proven team leadership skills and/or project management ability
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
Additional Qualifications & Skill Desires
• Formal Lean, or Lean Sigma training and experience a significant asset.
• Previous roles in operations management working with frontline employees in a mining or manufacturing environment a significant asset.
• Well organized, works well independently and in team settings, possesses good time-management skills, and is able to work effectively under pressure.
• Exhibits a high level of professionalism and accountability
• Financial or technical background and ability to understand and apply strategy concepts
• Refines process of collecting and assimilating information from various departments for use in asset strategy analysis
• Prepares business reports
• Demonstrates an understanding of the mining industry and an ability to contribute to related discussions
• Establishes networks and relationships in the mining industry, helping to identify and develop opportunities
• Analyzes and synthesizes information quickly and correctly
• Able to understand and manage the confidentiality of sensitive information
Language Competency Requirement
• Must be able to work and converse effectively in English.
• Fluency in French and Arabic are desirable
Senior Continuous Improvement Facilitator Nouakchott jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.