Guidehouse Tucker GA Georgia
1 month ago
Job Family :
Database Administration (Digital...
Travel Required :
Clearance Required :
Ability to Obtain Public Trust
What You Will Do :
Guidehouse Digital is seeking a skilled Senior PostgreSQL Database Administrator to join our team supporting our client at the National Institutes of Health, (NIH).
This position is immediately available remotely, but post-pandemic will required to be onsite in Bethesda, MD (when it is safe to return to campus). Hybrid Remote is a possibility.
Install, configure, administer and patch -- on-premises, Amazon RDS, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
Implement database backup and recovery strategy.
Maintain data integrity and database performance, stability and scalability.
Proactivity monitor the health of databases and make recommendations to optimize performance and efficiency.
Diagnose and resolve database, network, and firewall issues.
Collaborate with various teams in developing system hardware layouts, configuring firewall rules, tuning, and load testing of mission-critical database systems.
Comply with database security standards.
Document database administration and management related processes and procedures.
Provide support to the application developers, including, but not limited to data refresh, SQL and PL/pgSQL performance tuning and best practice recommendations.
Conduct code reviews with application developers.
Automate database administration and maintenance activities.
Assist with routine Oracle database administration tasks.
What You Will Need :
• Bachelors degree or equivalent related experience (High School Diploma and over 9 years of professional related experience)
• 5+ years of extensive experience as a Production PostgreSQL DBA.
• 2+ years of experience with MySQL.
• 3+ years of AWS RDS management experience.
• Proficient in relational database management system and principles, network and database security.
• Advanced understanding of database backup and recovery strategies.
• Advanced understanding of high availability solutions and strategies.
• Proficient with SQL and performance tuning.
• Strong scripting language experience (any shell scripting).
• Fluent in Linux command line utilities and operations.
• Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
• Self-driven and ability to meet goals and deadlines.
• Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure in a fast paced work environment.
• Ability to work directly with cross-functional teams to resolve application issues.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• 24x7 on-call experience (selected candidate must be willing to be on call for a week once a month)
• Must be available for after hours and weekend work (as needed).
What Would Be Nice To Have :
Preferred experience with Oracle.
The annual salary range for this position is $95,800.00-$143,800.00. Compensation decisions depend on a wide range of factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, security clearances, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs.
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
• Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
• Parental Leave
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Group Term Life and Travel Assistance
• Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
• Health Savings Account, Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Transit and Parking Commuter Benefits
• Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development, Certifications & Learning Opportunities
• Employee Referral Program
• Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
• Care.com annual membership
• Employee Assistance Program
• Supplemental Benefits via Corestream (Critical Care, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance and ID theft protection, etc.)
• Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee
Tucker GA USA
Senior PostgreSQL Database Administrator Tucker jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.