PureTalk Covington GA Georgia
1 month ago
Senior Database Administrator
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Database Administrator to oversee database operations for Telrite and its growing group of subsidiaries in the telecoms sector. The candidate will be key member of a dynamic IT team reporting to the Director of IT. The Senior Database Administrator will work closely with an existing team of DBAs and the systems operations team, with the primary function to design, deploy, and support critical database infrastructure for the enterprise. The preferred candidate is expected to work under minimal supervision and would take a leadership role on the team to plan projects and initiatives to continually improve on database design architecture providing guidance to junior personnel.
Our companies provide affordable wireless and network services nation-wide, utilizing the nation’s largest GSM networks to a broad customer spectrum. Locally owned and operated from headquarters in Covington, Georgia, Telrite’s growth is providing excellent career opportunities for talented individuals looking for new challenges. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Working from our convenient new Marietta office close the Battery, near I-75 and I-285 in North Atlanta.
• Architect, deploy and support highly available database solutions for the business needs.
• Administer all development to production databases and maintain high availability for users and applications.
• Develop stored procedures, functions, and PL/SQL scripts.
• Optimize the databases and applications for performance and security.
• Define application database standards.
• Design and maintain data backup and recovery procedures.
• Coordinate and support application testing during database maintenance and upgrades.
• Identify potential database design and performance blocks such as log-running queries and missing indexes.
• Forecast storage usage and perform capacity planning.
• Support developers and testers during release cycles.
• Monitor and troubleshoot databases issues in MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL on Linux and Windows.
• Provide on-call support as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years as a Database Administrator in an enterprise environment.
• Extensive experience in database design, integration, replication, tuning, and troubleshooting.
• Expertise in MS SQL Server, and PostgreSQL is a must.
• Strong proficiency with SQL and PL/SQL.
• Data modeling skill preferred.
• Good Linux, and shell scripting experience.
• Lead experience to provide technical and day to day duty guidance to IT teams.
• Knowledge of creating and supporting databases in AWS Cloud platform would be good to have.
• Basic knowledge and use of BI tools.
• Proactive in nature and ability to lead projects from start to finish.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
Please apply now. Thank you for your interest!
Note that job information in this posting is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned and are subject to change based on business needs and management directives. No phone calls, agencies, or solicitations please. While we would like to respond to every inquiry, the volume of submissions prevents us from contacting those that are not close matches for consideration. Please attach resume or include full job history with submission, along with earnings history. Pure Talk USA, Locus Telecommunications, Life Wireless and Telrite are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to promoting a dynamic, culturally diverse and drug-free workplace
Covington GA USA
Senior Database Administrator Covington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.