ebwg/CX/ Norcross GA Georgia
1 month ago
ACI is currently seeking to fill a Sr Database Administrator Position. This position will maintain responsibility for database administration duties/tasks/projects involving PostgreSQL. This position directly has impact on the architecture, engineering, and operations to keep the mission critical systems and infrastructure running 24/7.
• Install, monitor, and maintain bi-directional PostgreSQL clusters, implement monitoring and alerting, implement backup and recovery processes, provide system and PostgreSQL performance tuning and assist in business process integration with various data sources.
• Upgrading/Patching instances as well as tracking and remediating security vulnerabilities.
• Provide as needed on call coverage for production support and administration of PostgreSQL.
• Participate and actively contribute to the assessment of database related tasks for Production environments
• Work with DevOps team and SRE to define and document technical standards and develop the database architecture of the environment.
• Responsible for daily care and feeding of the PostgreSQL database environment in the cloud.
• Serve as escalation point for any defined database issues including security and performance.
• Assist in formalizing and updating database policies, procedures and technical standards and auditing/monitoring compliance with those standards.
• Stay abreast of current technologies, developments, security compliance requirements, standards and industry trends.
• Assess requirements, research, recommend, design, and implement necessary solutions/tools to meet project related requirements.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer related discipline, Engineering or equivalent.
• 7 years' experience in database administration.
• Hands on experience in implementing, configuring, and managing tools for configuration control and management of databases for Production / Enterprise environments.
• Experience managing PostgreSQL in the cloud.
• Automation experience
• Experience working with IP networking; thorough understanding security related concepts and technologies.
• Experience in the application security domain is a plus - secure development standards, static and dynamic scanning solutions etc.
• Experience using tools like Ansible.
• Must have a passion for providing excellent customer support to all types of customers as well as impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess organizational proficiencies to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
• Must be a team player and have the ability to interact with multiple levels of personnel within the organization.
• Must be highly motivated, self-starting, and committed to achieving results and have a strong sense of ownership and follow-through to resolution.
• Must have strong problem solving skills and be able to come up with creative and flexible solutions
Norcross GA USA
Sr. Database Administrator Norcross jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.