IHG Hotels & Resorts
IHG Hotels & Resorts Atlanta GA Georgia
1 month ago
Bringing True Hospitality to the world...
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Project Manager along with Project Design Manager an assigned territory of franchised (including some company managed and PAL project) Property Improvement Plan (PIP) renovation and conversion (CV) construction projects. Serve as recognized architectural, design and construction expert for a segment of Upscale IHG brand hotels.
include managing all on-site PIP renovation/conversion design and construction activities to ensure compliance or non-compliance with franchise License Agreement, including conformance with any associated PIP, Plan Review and FF&E submittals, and brand standards, including life safety and ADA requirements. Provide design, construction expertise and assistance to IHG franchisees and their assigned design team members through all phases of their PIP projects, including working out design/construction solutions as project field conditions arise, thus ensuring timely and successful completion of projects while promoting Great Hotels Guests Love.
May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities. From time to time provide feedback to management and brand on product related issues/recommendations for improvements.
• Property Improvement Plan (PIP) projects – Using the appropriate brand Master Plan PIP Strategy document, Conduct PIP renovation visits / product assessments for existing hotel product (including conversion hotels into the IHG system) seeking to License or re-License an IHG franchise agreement. Inspection include a thorough walk of the hotel assessing the hotel’s architecture and design for appropriateness in today’s market, condition of current product, and conformance to brand and life safety standards and building codes. Produce a comprehensive PIP narrative document that lists in detail the PIP renovation requirements, which after its completion, will help drive GuestView hotel scores as well as revenues. Conduct and manage onsite design and PIP scope meetings with ownership and all ensuing onsite renovation activities over a 12-24 month period to ensure hotel compliance with the PIP, including its timely completion and conformance to approved plans, brand standards and building codes.
• Conversion (CV) projects – Referencing to various Plan Review documents and correspondence, Renovation Manager conducts multiple construction progress visits as hotels prepare to enter the IHG system in conjunction with the New Hotel Opening Program (NHOP). Renovation Manager meets with ownership representatives during the construction phase to set project expectations, determine project readiness, resolve any field construction issues, and oversee conformance to IHG requirements, including conformance to PIP (conversion hotels) and Plan requirements and adherence to brand and life safety standards, building codes and ADA.
• Manage own yearly assigned travel budget. Renovation Manager must reconcile expenses on a monthly basis.
• Proactively work with the Upscale Development team and ownership prior to taking a deal to Franchise Approval Committee (FAC) to work through scope of work, design issues, and renovation timelines to better improve success rate for FAC approval and License execution for PIP conversions.
• Act as PIP department first level of appeal to franchisee/owner PIP waiver requests and timeline extension requests. Negotiate PIP issues and work out all PIP project details to set the PIP scope of work and its timeline for completion. Determine when to recommend to the PIP Director to place slow moving projects, or projects that are not otherwise in compliance with their PIP requirements, into PIP default. Work out viable plans and strategies, where possible, to get hotels through the PIP process in a timely manner.
• Responsible to make sure that all construction/renovation milestones are monitored on a pro-active basis and that information is communicated to the NHOP, Plan Review, Quality and HPS teams to speed openings or enforcement.
• Consult with franchisees, design professionals and hotel owners to assist in the development of construction schedules for Property Improvement Plan (PIP) and conversion hotel projects. Review site plans to ensure compliance with applicable laws, company regulations and brand standards, and comment on required changes or improvements to such plans.
• Effectively manage an assigned territory by evaluating and tracking progress all ongoing PIP project field activities, prepare written reports and/or summaries for management as needed. Manage the DPM system for executed projects for content and accuracy of input for assigned projects..
• Periodically perform special Property Improvement Plan inspections both domestically and internationally. Participate in special projects as assigned.
• As part of the License Agreement documentation trail, provide timely written follow-up (reports, letters, and emails) associated with all site visits and other forms of communication or agreements with Licensee and their assign representatives.
• Owner Relations – Renovation Manager must develop good franchisee/owner relations offering assistance as needed within reason. Renovation Manager is responsible for addressing design and construction or PIP waiver requests from ownership. Renovation Manager is expected to offer design solutions to problems and be ready to recommend known design professionals to assist franchisee upon request or as Renovation Manager feels necessary.
• Project size – Typical PIP will cost owner from $500,000 to $5M+ and will involve a 60 to 400 room hotel.
Key Skills & Experiences
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Design, Construction Management, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. AIA or ASID certifications preferred. CAD training and familiarity with CAD systems also preferred.
• 5 to 7+ years progressive work-related experience in design and/or architecture, with demonstrated technical proficiency related to the position. Previous experience in the hotel industry or similar desired. Project Management skills.
Technical Skills And Knowledge –
• Demonstrate project management experience in organizing, planning and executing complex, large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
• Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff. Demonstrated ability to communicate supportive program details (presentation, analysis) to present a persuasive argument or to effectively negotiate a position. Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing with PCs, architects, designers, and contractors and clearly explain specific requirements for active projects. Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive, detailed plan reviews explaining Brand standards and Life Safety Requirements as follow up to project submittals.
• Demonstrate computer skills, with an emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Demonstrate knowledge of brand standards and full understanding of the differences in the various brand standards. Demonstrate a clear understanding of ADA requirements and Company Life Safety Requirements. Must maintain a working knowledge of all requirements described in each brand standards manual.
• Demonstrate ability to read blueprints including architectural, mechanical, plumbing, sprinkler systems and electrical drawings.
• Must be capable of writing and typing a comprehensive, technical renovation document (within a specific template) describing the required PIP scope of work that will become part of a franchisee’s License Agreement.
• Demonstrate ability to remain current with construction trends, code requirements and design through participating in annual continuing education classes.
• Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize project details and manage time usage to track active renovation, and conversion properties, and to determine if plans have been submitted in a timely manner. Must make immediate time available to return telephone calls and work with franchisees when problems arise regarding project development, Brand standards or vendor-related issues.
• Demonstrate knowledge of national building codes, ADA requirements and Life Safety codes.
What We Offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work
Atlanta GA USA
Renovation Manager Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.