Nobu Hotel Atlanta
Nobu Hotel Atlanta Atlanta GA Georgia
1 month ago
NOBU Hotel Atlanta, the state-of-the-art addition to the world-renowned NOBU Hospitality brand, is currently seeking a highly motivated professional to join our team as General Manager. The General Manager is responsible for the overall strategy for the business and all aspects of the operation, including managing general property performance, managing, and sustaining sales and... marketing strategies, and driving revenue generation and profitability. Is the primary steward for cultivating company culture, implementing and supporting brand service strategies, and spearheading brand and local initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads, directs and manages all aspects of the hotel operations to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability and market share.
• Holds leadership team accountable for successful delivery of business plans, goals and strategies.
• Establish and continually communicate a clear and consistent message regarding the service and product vision, and operational goals.
• Oversees financial management, including preparation of budget and forecasting, key performance indicators, financial reporting and capital expenditures to ensure effective cost control and profitability.
• Analyzes business and financial information, identifies operational, productivity and efficiency gaps, and proactively implements measures to correct deficiencies or take advantage of opportunities.
• Works closely with Sales and Marketing to develop and implement annual sales and marketing plan and ensures adherence to the plan.
• Assist Sales with identifying and pursuing new business leads, engages in site inspections, tradeshows and sales calls when applicable, and ensures operations executes service to meet group and events’ needs.
• Serves as passionate brand advocate and ensures the brand has a high and positive presence in the community and wider market.
• Stays abreast of industry and market trends, seeks out business ventures and revenue streams, and continues revenue growth through innovation in services, product offerings and marketing initiatives.
• Drives Revenue Manager to establish effective revenue and pricing strategies and implement sound revenue practices that maximizes yield.
• Identify methods to grow occupancy, RevPar and market share in weekly revenue meetings that analyze STR reports, comp set analysis, and other available resources.
• Creates and maintains a cohesive and high-performing leadership team that strives for positive results and improvements; regularly coaches by providing feedback and holding them accountable for performance.
• Creates appropriate development and succession plans; develops colleagues based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
• Ensures that the work environment has a strong culture of respect, equity and fairness.
• Builds and maintains strong rapport with owners through proactive and on-going communication, setting and managing expectations, and delivering solid business results.
• Ensures owners are informed of the key operational activities, guest and employee metrics/results and in-depth analysis of property performance, incorporating guest, financial and employee business data.
• Engages with guests and leaders on a regular basis to gauge guest satisfaction levels and hold leadership team accountable for addressing service failures or potential service failures, and for developing innovative ways to exceed guest expectations.
• Establishes presence in the market by actively promoting an exemplary property/brand image, involving oneself in the local community, and by developing strategic alliances with local officials, businesses, and customers.
• Verify property compliance with legal, safety, operations, labor standards.
• Conducts routine audits and detailed walk-throughs verifies that building, public areas, kitchen, and grounds are well-maintained, safe, and meet or exceed guest expectations per company standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the hotel rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in Executive Committee. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Able to articulate complex analytical topics.
• Able to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Able to manage projects with an aptitude for staying calm and effective under pressure, handling multiple concurrent demands and prioritizing responsibilities.
• Able to effectively deal with employees and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
• Able to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and legal documents.
• Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Able to effectively present all financial information to Corporate Management and Ownership.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A 2-year or more degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major, plus 8 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area. Preferred 5 or more years’ experience in a senior management position in a luxury hotel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR/First Aid certification is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
Atlanta GA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.