Lidl Epsom United Kingdom
1 month ago
We are looking for a confident and motivated Customs Specialist to join our Customs team. This team is mainly responsible for classifying products against the UK Global Tariff, identifying, recording and applying relevant import requirements and preferential trade agreements.
The role does not only require experience in classifying food and non-food products and a meticulous eye for detail but also operational Customs knowledge. There will also be an extensive training period when you join the team where you'll spend time with different areas of the business to understand how systems, documents and processes support your work and in turn, the effect your role has on the wider business.
What you'll do
• Collecting detailed information from various sources to enable your classification
• Performing and reviewing the classification and record the basis for your classification decision
• Investigating trade agreements, import requirements and prohibitions & restrictions... relating to the classified products and support the buying and international teams to determine whether the products meet the qualifying requirements
• Improving and maintaining our classification log built from various internal data sources
• Creating process flow charts and info guides for team members and business stakeholders
• Transferring technical Customs knowledge to the operational business
What you'll need
• Working Customs knowledge and experience of the UK Tariff Schedule and the application of the General Rules of Interpretation (GIR) and Explanatory Notes
• Requires knowledge of a wide range of UK, and international trade & customs and excise knowledge of company processes and controls
• Knowledge of the interaction between Customs and trade and how it potentially influences the supply chain operations
• Knowledge of the roles of Customs and demonstration of this knowledge in daily decision making
• Ability to interact with external parties (e.g. business stakeholders (national & international), Customs administrations, etc.) and ability to build an atmosphere of trust and cooperation in which he or she informs and works with these internal and external parties
• Working knowledge of Import and Export Customs procedures
• Teamwork and collaboration skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to use their own initiative
• Highly focused and accurate with an uncompromising eye for detail
• Hands-on approach and can-do attitude
• Ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency
• Confident using Microsoft Office packages incl. MS Visio and particularly proficient with Microsoft Excel
What you'll receive
We're proud to offer a competitive salary from £29,000 up to £37,000* (depending on experience) with 30 days’ holiday per year (pro rata).
• Plus additional 10% non-contractual London Weighting allowance
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.