The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army North Melbourne VIC Australia
1 month ago
Number of Positions Available:
Start your career with The Salvation Army today
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Why this role matters
The Salvation Army Australia’s Homelessness Stream provides high quality, person centred services to people at risk, and or experiencing homelessness. We support adults and families, including accompanying children with accommodation, case management, outreach support, financial assistance, connection and referral to other specialist... services. Our philosophy is that every person deserves dignity, respect and quality of service and that no one should be without a safe, affordable and secure home. Services are free, voluntary, accredited and delivered by professional and committed staff.
About the role
We are currently seeking a values-driven and proactive Community Support Worker to participate in the day to day operation of the facility, including providing individualised support to residents, assisting with the development of personal skills, maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and residents as well as completing administrative duties. In this position, you will be required to complete reports, update records and case notes as well as fulfil other compliance requirements. You will work collaboratively with the Community of Support and Case Management team to provide a high standard of care to residents across both sites.
Flagstaff and The Open Door residential facilities are part of The Salvation Army Homelessness Stream and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. The two sites provide 102 beds in total for males experiencing homelessness with multiple and complex needs.
You will successfully
• Individual supports alongside group recreational and health and wellbeing activities are provided to clients across the facilities. Support residents to develop and maintain functional skills, including social and domestic care, recreation and other skills required for independent living
• Develop and facilitate a range of group activities to meet the social support, recreation, education, and health needs of residents
• Facilitate access to specialist support services, including health, mental health, AOD and therapeutic interventions both within The Salvation Army and through external services
• Works collaboratively with the casework team, specialist services and co-located external providers, building a supportive and engaging community environment
• Appropriate records of attendance and outcomes are recorded, in addition to case notes and other documentation and/or reporting required
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week fixed term to June 2026. Rostered hours are 11pm - 8:30am (active overnight) Tuesday - Friday. Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 4.
You will have
• Tertiary qualifications in social work, mental health, community services or a related field
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work sensitively with people of diverse cultures, abilities, ages, sexualities and gender identities
• Ability to respond to unpredictable situations and behaviours using de-escalation techniques
• Demonstrated ability to remain calm and take safe and appropriate action for critical incidents
• Demonstrated understanding of trauma informed care, person centred and strengths based approach
• Prior experience in residential facilities is preferred, but not essential
What we offer
• Flexible working conditions
• (Maybe eligible to) NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
• Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
• Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
• Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
• Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
• Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
• Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
• An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate, and professional team members
• Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our people. Please note that The Salvation Army has a mandatory vaccination procedure in selected functions. You may be required to provide evidence of Vaccination depending on the role you are applying for.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration
North Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in North Melbourne VIC Australia
Community Support Worker North Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.