WTW London United Kingdom
1 month ago
The WTW Transactions team has unrivalled experience in advising on and implementing risk reduction strategies for some of the largest DB pension schemes in the UK, including bulk annuity (buy-ins and buyouts), longevity swap, superfund and third-party capital transactions.
We’re looking for a Pensions Risk Transfer/Transactions Actuary to join our growing team. This is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing area of the Defined Benefit market. You will contribute to achieving the exciting growth strategy of the WTW Transactions team by working on a variety of complex, innovative projects, alongside a diverse, dynamic, collaborative and market-leading team.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to select any of the listed GB locations as their office base including London, Reigate, Leeds, Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh and Birmingham.
As a specialist within this team you will work with investment consultants and Scheme Actuaries to understand how buy-ins... buyouts, longevity swaps, superfund transactions and third party capital solutions fit with schemes’ journey plans and where appropriate then run the provider selection process, including bidding rounds, commercial negotiations and beauty parades.
• You will serve as a key member of the Transactions team and will be able to hit the ground running in supporting the delivery of projects for clients ranging in size from £1m to £10bn+.
• We work with a wide range of different clients and your work may cover both trustee and corporate appointments, providing training and strategic advice and implementing bulk annuities and longevity swaps.
• You will work alongside colleagues in project teams to liaise with insurers and reinsurers, prepare market engagement materials, coordinate requests for quotations and analyse them, negotiate with insurers and reinsurers to achieve your client’s objectives, prepare client reports and support the management of projects, seeing them through from start to finish.
• You will also have developmental opportunities to work alongside colleagues and external parties on innovative, market-leading propositions, including superfund transactions and third-party capital solutions.
• You will be involved in preparing and delivering client materials and advice, as well as preparing materials for marketing, prospecting and client seminars.
• You will work as part of a cross-office team, building relationships and liaising effectively with a wide range of colleagues.
• You should also be able to work independently, managing your own workload and ensuring that deadlines and budgets are met. This may include serving as the project manager and looking for ways to increase efficiency within project teams by identifying ways to improve processes.
You would be expected to have regular contact with clients, insurers, reinsurers and other external parties including administrators, lawyers and other consultancies, working in partnership to understand and meet the clients’ needs and assist in presenting our advice to clients.
The essential skills/experience for this role are:
• A strong desire and enthusiasm to work in pension risk transfer (practical experience in this area is beneficial but not essential).
• Experience of actuarial work in core UK defined benefit or life insurance sectors.
• Actuarial experience (FIA qualified (or equivalent) or experienced part-qualified).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong client-service orientation.
• Strong project management skills.
• Well organised with the ability to prioritise your own tasks.
• Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate.
• Ability to work both independently and on client project teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Sense of accountability: owning your work and taking pride in it.
• Self-starter: interest in continually challenging yourself and willingness to step outside of your comfort zone.
• Ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how work fits into the broader landscape.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
Colleagues at WTW benefit from all the resources and opportunities that a large company can provide, but this doesn’t come at the cost of individuality. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a variety of colleagues, including some of the leading figures in the pensions and insurance industry, and also to be recognised for your personal contribution.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution.
Irrespective of which office you join, you will be part of the wider WTW community. Our inclusion networks include Gender Equity, LGBT+, Multicultural, Workability and Young Professionals and our Corporate Social Responsibility group champions social and charitable activities in our local communities. These groups are at the heart of how we engage and inspire colleagues in our offices. Inclusion creates an environment where diversity can thrive.
Equal opportunity employer
Pensions Risk Transfer/Transactions Actuary London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.