Stephenson Harwood Llp
Stephenson Harwood Llp Singapore Singapore
1 month ago
What we will offer
We will offer you a place where you can be yourself and where there are no limits on what you can achieve. With us, you can take ownership of your career and have honest conversations throughout. You would join an ambitious firm with a clear strategy for profitable growth where you can get early responsibility and early involvement in growing the business. Here you can expect a competitive and fair reward as well as recognition based on all round performance. This forms part of our internal promise to you, The Deal, between the firm and its employees.
As a team we support international high net worth individuals and their families, businesses owners and entrepreneurs to preserve, protect and grow their wealth for future generations.
Our practice covers a broad range of services including estate planning, family offices, charitable giving, immigration and relocation, regulatory, funds and UK tax.
We are seeking an experienced paralegal, who... considers themselves as a team player and who is keen to learn and grow with an exciting private wealth practice. We are seeing a paralegal who will have access and opportunity to:
• Receive one-on-one mentoring and career guidance as well as participation in our excellent in-house training programmes.
• Gain broad based experience in legal practice covering both Singapore and UK law with the opportunity to work on matters involving multi-jurisdictional issues.
• Have early exposure to clients.
• Work as part of a small and agile team that is passionate about private wealth and
• Join a market leading international law firm.
The following are typical tasks expected of the EPP Paralegal.
Technical expertise & client service
• Take ownership of tasks delegated clarifies scope, deadlines and delivers effectively.
• Takes instructions from supervisor and others,
• Observes and takes full and accurate notes of any meetings/calls, completes clear follow up file notes.
• Drafting, amending & updating documents maintaining effective version control.
• If required, produce/amend initial clear and precise draft documents and able to use standard precedents.
• Document management - including review and/or analysis of legal precedents, contracts, etc.
• Assist in company, bankruptcy, etc. searches.
• Summarising documents and producing chronologies.
• Reviewing/proof-reading, checking format and numbering, cross references and using consistent terminology across all relevant documents.
• Liaising with clients and updating team members on development of matters.
• Verify information as required, including checking that existing information on file is up to date.
• Acquire, develop and apply knowledge of the processes relating to the role.
• Support fee earners in maintaining efficient housekeeping and file management practices.
Developing & growing our business
• Develops own profile by delivering quality work and contributing fully to the needs of the practice group and the wider firm.
• Seeks and acquires an understanding of the group's strengths and how that fits in to the firm's broader strategy and selling points.
• As appropriate, willingly assists with profile raising activities, research/preparation of pitches and/or writing legal articles.
Financial & risk management
• Understand the basics of the billing process.
• Support the fee earning team in effective legal project management of matters.
• Identify risk issues/conflicts of interest in own work and escalates accordingly.
• Keeps supervisor informed about workload and proactively seeks more work, volunteers and readily responds to requests for help.
• Record/post time on a daily basis, accurately and fully.
• Understands firm procedures and regulatory obligations including identifying and reporting conflicts of interest.
• Carry out administrative tasks efficiently, managing own time and willing to accept changing priorities.
• Work effectively with associates in other groups, secretarial and business services staff, trainees and other paralegals.
• Proactive and receptive to receiving feedback and takes ownership to develop or adjust performance and/or behaviour accordingly.
• Willingly contribute towards know-how, innovation, pro-bono, team or firm-wide initiatives and delivers as agreed.
• An law degree is preferred as is having been admitted to practice in Singapore or in a foreign jurisdiction. Alternatively, a Diploma in Legal Studies or equivalent may also be considered.
• Previous work experience as a paralegal or as an newly qualified ('NQ'), PQE1-2 years is essential. Applicants with experience in other practice areas and are looking to switch to private wealth/private client work are invited to apply.
• Experience in private client or general corporate matters is a bonus or an interest in gaining exposure to private client work.
• High attention to detail, organised and demonstrates initiative.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with billing and good PowerPoint presentation is desirable.
• Mandarin communication skills will be advantageous to liaise with mandarin speaking clients but not essential.
• Proactive and resilient.
• Works collaboratively and is an inclusive, team player.
This job description is indicative only and does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The firm reserves the right to alter or change the responsibilities at any time, in line with the firm's strategy and business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, culture or any other protected characteristics. We aim to create a culture where everyone can be themselves and is valued for their strengths and unique perspectives.
About the Firm
With 8 offices worldwide and with our headquarters based in London, Stephenson Harwood is a law firm where our people are committed to achieving the goals of our clients - listed and private companies, institutions, and individuals across the globe. Our mix of expertise and culture results in a combination of deep local insight and the capability to provide a seamless international service.
Our experience encompasses corporate, commercial litigation and arbitration, employment, pensions and private wealth, finance, marine and international trade, and real estate and projects.
We assemble teams of bright thinkers to match our clients' needs and give the right advice from the right person at the right time. Dedicating the highest calibre of legal talent to overcome the most complex issues, we deliver pragmatic, expert advice that is set squarely in the real world.
We understand the power of diversity in delivering that high calibre advice to our clients. We want to attract diverse talent and we particularly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.
Individuality - We encourage creativity and develop talent
Commitment - To be the best and deliver the highest standard
Teamwork - We work together to build close, long-term relationships
Straight talking - We say what we mean and do what we say
These values express the personality of the individuals within our firm. They are the behaviours we encourage in our people and the standards which inform our decisions and actions.
Our vision into 2026
To be a successful firm where talented people work together in an entrepreneurial environment, building long term client relationships.
This vision is about who we want to be, as well as who we are. It is as much about our values as about our character - the attributes we want to see from all of our people. It also reflects the importance of remaining independent - a clear sign that we are confident in our own future. That's how we unlock our entrepreneurial spirit, advising our clients with top performing teams.
A key part of the 2026 strategy is to focus on five core sectors: decarbonisation, life sciences, private capital & funds, technology, and transportation & trade. These have been identified as crucial in the drive for accelerated profitable growth.
Skills: high net worth individuals, Document Management, Ability To Multitask, Microsoft Office, Legal Documents, Due Diligence, Legal Research, family office , Risk Management, international law, Compliance, Attention To Detail, Business Services, Estate planning, Team Player, Proofreading
Experience: 0.00-2.00 Years
Paralegal (Private Wealth) Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.