Clyde&Co Singapore Singapore
1 month ago
Legal Administrative Assistant
A legal administrative role supporting case handlers in Singapore and Malaysia. The individual should be flexible, proactive and be able to organise themselves well and prioritise their work. This role will work closely with partners, case handlers, claims executives and legal support staff assisting them with their day-to-day needs, at times dealing with confidential information. The individual should have a professional and proactive approach and a strong focus on client service provision.
• Assisting with claims related matters in the Marine Group.
• Billing and Financial Administration: assisting with the billing process, preparing and reviewing draft bills, and associated correspondence including dealing with disbursement bills and processing third party invoices; preparing and processing... expenses claim forms and dealing with cheque requisitions
• Answering and filtering telephone calls: liaising with external and internal clients and their secretaries; monitoring voicemail; dealing with queries and relaying messages
• Incoming correspondence: checking electronic post items; dealing with mail-related queries; electronically scanning and saving post items to document management system
• Incoming correspondence: opening/distributing post; dealing with mail-related queries; distributing faxes; electronically scanning and saving post items to document management system
• Outgoing correspondence: organising mail, by hand delivery and couriers, to ensure it is ready for the appropriate collection times
• Outgoing correspondence: sending faxes; organising mail, by hand delivery and couriers, to ensure it is ready for the appropriate collection times
• Photocopying/printing: photocopying, scanning and maintaining paper files; printing and converting documents; preparing bundles/files
• Client filing: maintaining electronic client files; indexing; trial bundles; archiving including arranging collections and retrievals from the off-site archive company
• Communication: maintaining open and appropriate communication lines with internal and external clients at all times to ensure the firm's needs are met; work cohesively with legal support staff and claims executives from other regions
• Prioritisation: managing and prioritising own workload to ensure work is turned around within agreed deadlines and timeframes
• Excel Spreadsheet management; input; logging; merging and reporting the data as required
• Client filing: maintaining electronic and paper client files; indexing; trial bundles; archiving including arranging collections and retrievals from the off-site archive company
• Potential to cover receptionist when needed
• Any other ah-hoc related tasks as required.
• At least 1 year's related experience, preferably Legal or other Professional Services
• MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Accurate typing (minimum speed 60 wpm)
• Excellent spelling and grammar
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of legal terminology is advantageous
• Ability to prioritise own workload to meet agreed deadlines
• Ability to be calm and retain a professional attitude under pressure
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
• High level of initiative
• Flexible approach with willingness to accept a range of varying responsibilities
• Positive attitude
• Team player
In addition to any Fee-earners' reporting lines, all Legal Support staff will report to the Legal Support Manager and Secretarial Team Leader(s).
About the Clyde & Co in the APAC Region
A pragmatic and dynamic international law firm with a focus on core sectors of infrastructure, insurance, international trade, natural resources and transportation. Clyde & Co is recognised for its work in and with fast-moving and volatile emerging markets, and for a history of managing complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions and disputes. Internationally, with more than 5,000 staff across six continents, we are on the front line for our clients' interests, all over the world. Our culture is one that is based on our integrity, enjoyment of work and a spirit of adventure that runs through everything we do. Clyde & Co is a truly entrepreneurial firm, always seeking new opportunities. We have had a presence in the Asia Pacific region for close to 40 years, during which time we have invested in building a network of market leading specialists who support our clients' international and regional growth strategies. We have over 500 directly employed staff in-region. Our regional network includes presence in: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Chongqing, Ulaanbaatar, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth, as well as working closely with Clyde & Co offices around the world.
For more about the firm, its lawyers, offices, and areas of expertise and for the latest industry thought leadership please visit www.clydeco.com
• Local law Joint venture also in place
• * Associated office
Curious to know more?
Legal Administrative Assistant Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.