KanPak LLC Arkansas City KS United States
1 month ago
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN OUR ARKANSAS CITY, KS PLANT. KANPAK HEADQUARTERS IS IN WICHITA.
OCCASIONAL TRAVEL TO CUSTOMERS AND OTHER GOLDEN STATE FOODS PLANTS...
Who we are!
Founded in 1965, KanPak® LLC began as a family-owned dairy company, based in Arkansas City, KS. It is part of Golden State Foods. From the beginning, KanPak has led the way in the development of aseptic processing and packaging for beverages and desserts. In 1983, KanPak was one of the first companies in North America to qualify, process and aseptically package low acid foods.
KanPak continued to grow and expand, creating some of the most successful new product introductions in the foodservice industry. The late 90’s saw international expansion into Mexico to service the burgeoning Central and Latin American markets, and in the early 2000’s KanPak China was created to service the domestic Chinese market as well as the broader Asian market based on KanPak’s Export capabilities and licenses.
In 2011, Golden State Foods became partners in KanPak China, with the combined companies continuing to expand their product offering and bring on new customers in China and throughout Asia. This success culminated in 2013 with Golden State Foods acquiring controlling interest in KanPak LLC, with the newly combined entity poised for further international growth and success. The newest addition to the KanPak facility line-up is in Penn Yan, NY. Acquired in December of 2014, the plant has liquid aseptic processing as well as yogurt capabilities, and provides a second North American facility to service the North East region.
Makes meaningful contributions to PD and company objectives by providing a highly developed level of technical competence and experience to lead people and support multiple projects with an emphasis on innovation, development of new products, product specifications, and procedures to support product development and testing, ensuring that products meet established GSF and external customer standards.
• Independently provides bench and lab related work activities to support the development of new products, product line extensions, duplications, product and process improvements and cost improvements. (30%)
• Provides leadership to others in the department and is seen as an expert throughout the company. Provides operational support. Leads training for new technologists, demonstrating lab safety, procedures and techniques. (30%)
• Monitors and analyzes the scale up, first production and quality assurance practices of the developed product through the commercialization process and identify areas for improvement to facilitate department operations. (25%)
• Identifies new sources and suppliers for raw materials in compliance with established quality assurance standards. (10%)
• Maintains laboratory, including upkeep of equipment, stocking of supplies and general cleaning of work areas. (5%)
• Capable of independently conducting and leading in-house and on site customer presentations.
• Studies methods to improve quality of food such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value and convenience in support of strategic objectives. Researches new ingredients or technologies that will create a competitive advantage.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
• Up to 30% travel.
• MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in food science, engineering, or related field of science from an accredited college or university
1 to 5 years of relevant work experience, with an understanding of food chemistry, food safety, and related regulations.
Dairy foods experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Food testing concepts and techniques
• Product development
• Food processing equipment
• Raw materials/product interaction
• Food safety concepts and techniques
• Quality assurance concepts and techniques
• HACCP programs and related food safety regulations and processes
• International export and food regulations
• Food chemistry
• Food microbiology
• PC word processing/spreadsheet software
Skill and ability to:
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Apply working knowledge of mathematical concepts and scientific weights and measures. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Teach others the importance of concepts revolving around food analysis, food chemistry and food microbiology.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with internal and external customers verbally and in writing
• Speak confidently and effectively before groups of customers or employees of GSF.
• Read and process written information with a high degree of accuracy
• Perform a variety of food safety tests including viscosity, pH, moisture and total solids analysis
• Work in a laboratory environment
• Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
• Act in accordance with GSF’s Values and Creed
• Ability to lead through others, direct or indirect
• Develops and mentors others in the department
• Productivity/quality standards: test methodology, accuracy and reliability
• Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
• Productivity/quality standards: new product development
• Domestic and international regulatory compliance
• Cost containment
• Teamwork within the department and across departments
• Project/assignment standards
• Customer satisfaction
• Safety standards and procedures: food
• Safety standards and procedures: laboratory equipment and procedures
Arkansas City KS USA
Jobs in Arkansas City KS United States
Food Scientist Arkansas City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.