Bowmans (Law Firm)
Bowmans (Law Firm) South Africa South Africa
1 month ago
Responsible for planning, implementing, and managing events and sponsorships that align with the firm’s business development and marketing strategy.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Events Planning or Marketing Degree/ Diploma/ Equivalent qualification.
• 8 - 15 years of work experience, with solid experience in a professional services environment
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
• Provide strategic advice to the BDMs and internal stakeholders regarding the selection and planning of events for the firm.
• Manage the events team to ensure the successful delivery of selected, identified internal and all external events.
• Prepare and manage detailed project plans and budgets for events.
• Advise on, draft and brief the events team on the creation of invitations. Ensure these are aligned to the Bowmans style guide and that RSVPs are managed on the client relationship management system (CRM).
• Work with stakeholders and the brand manager to ensure there... is appropriate marketing collateral available for each event.
• Undertake general events management and deal with unforeseen events and issues as they arise.
• Act as brand ambassador at Bowmans events.
• Provide reports on events held.
• Provide strategic advice to the BDMs and internal stakeholders regarding the selection and planning of sponsorships for the firm.
• Mange the sponsorships budget and negotiate sponsorship pricing and benefits.
• Ensure all sponsorships are fully activated so that maximum value is generated.
• Work with stakeholders and the brand manager to ensure there is appropriate marketing collateral for each sponsorship.
• Manage the events team in implementing of sponsorships including registrations and logistical arrangements.
Branding and Promotional Gifts Management
• Oversee and approve the selection and ordering of appropriate corporate gifts (either to be kept in stock or for specific events).
• Ensure that flowers and gift baskets ordered by the events team for clients on request by partners meet the standard required.
• Work with the operations team to source and assess potential new suppliers, including venues, ensuring that they comply with the firm’s BEE requirements.
• Manage suppliers’ output and service delivery.
• Finalise contracts and ensure suppliers’ payments are up to date.
• Finance Management and Reporting
• Manage the compilation of the annual events budget.
• Administer and track costs relating to the events budget.
• Provide regular reports on the activities of the events team.
Management and Leadership
• Manage and mentor direct reports and other team members where appropriate to ensure delivery.
• Give regular, comprehensive, and constructive feedback to team members.
• Proactively seek feedback from team members and deal with any criticism constructively.
• Adjust management style to get the best from the individuals within the team.
• Delegate work to team members considering their capacity, level of skill, and exposure to different types of work and complexity; provide clear instructions and direction, with reasonable deadlines.
• Develop and maintain relationships with Bowmans employees as a trusted advisor.
• Maintain strong working relationships with and have open and transparent communication among all members of the Business Development.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors to ensure service delivery of a high quality.
• Achievement Orientation
• Analytical Thinking
• Attention to Detail
• Client Focus
• Stress Management
• Writing Skills
• Business Perspective
• Legislation, Policies, Procedures and Standards
• Developing Others
• Planning and Organizing
• Team Leadership
Bowmans is committed to achieving the objectives set in its transformation charter, and the targets in its employment equity plan. All recruitment decisions will be taken with due consideration being given to these objectives
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Events and Sponsorships Manager South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.