Gvi Cape Town South Africa
1 month ago
We are looking for a capable Events & Project Manager to join our diverse team at GVI in Cape Town, Western Cape.
Growing your career as a Full Time Events & Project Manager is an awesome opportunity to develop excellent skills.
If you are strong in leadership, decision-making and have the right mindset for the job, then apply for the position of Events & Project Manager at GVI today!
GVI's job vacancy, Career and Recruitment Job title : Events & Project Manager jobs in Western Cape Job Location : Western Cape, Cape Town Deadline : April 17, 2023 Quick Recommended Links
About the role
• If you are exceptionally organized, love to get stuff done, appreciate attention to detail, enjoy relationship building, and are looking for a role that invites you to be a part of something bigger then look no further.
• We're looking for a mid-weight events manager to develop, execute and manage our events calendar, consisting of both on-the-ground and virtual events taking place globally. The... Events Manager will work in the Outreach Team (within the Marketing department) and report to the Global Outreach manager. They will work across our GVI and Bushwise brands. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring GVI is present at as many events as possible, (at school and university events as well as other relevant expos and fairs.) They will work closely with the ambassador coordinator to find suitable candidates to represent GVI and attend these events on our behalf, as well as manage all the relevant logistics (e.g. shipping of promotional materials.) The successful candidate will also be responsible for organising and managing all GVI and Bushwise Open Days.
• This person will also need to build great relationships with schools and universities globally, and ensure that we are taking advantage of every opportunity to increase brand awareness (and subsequently bookings) at these institutions. As such, experience within the US/UK academic environment would be a huge bonus.
• To thrive in the Outreach Team, you need to be a team player who enjoys a fun but fast-paced environment. Integrity, kindness, humility and a sense of humour are all key requirements. And a solutions-driven mindset and attitude is an absolute must.
Role and responsibilities:
• Ensure we successfully attend as many events as possible
• Find new events for us to attend
• Organise all event relevant logistics required
• Organise and manage GVI and Bushwise Open Days (virtual and in person)
• Build relationships with key stakeholders within the academic sector
• Ensure exposure for GVI is optimised at as many key academic institutions as possible
• If you are ambitious, purpose-driven, and you have a great sense of humour, we want to meet you. As an organisation, we know that welcoming a broad range of people with unique identities makes us a more powerful workforce and we are committed to evolving our diversity, equity and inclusion practice.
Professional skills and experience:
• 4+ years of relevant experience (events or something similar)
• Highly organised
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent people skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to think strategically and identify opportunities
• Proactive, always thinking 1, 2 or 3 steps ahead
• Good at presenting/public speaking
• Passion for networking
• Great work ethic
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Solutions-driven mindset and attitude
• Process-driven but agile
• Experience organising virtual events and webinars would be highly advantageous
• Experience working within the academic sector
• Experience living in the US/UK
• An interest in volunteering/traveling/sustainable development
• Administrative / Management jobs in south africa
• Events & Project Manager in Cape Town
Benefits of working as a Events & Project Manager in Cape Town, Western Cape:
● Excellent benefits
● Company offers career progression opportunities
● Attractive package
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
Events / Project Manager - Urgent Hiring Cape Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.