Northern Health Kitimat Canada
1 month ago
Are you looking for that career that will allow you to combine your clinical expertise and your proven leadership skills? If you feel, you can deliver success by implementing strategies that focus the efforts of individuals on business goals, individual goals, team goals and translating them into positive outcomes – we want to hear from you.
Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position
The Manager of Rehabilitation Services is responsible for the management and operation of the Rehabilitation Department and its functions.
The manager plans, organizes, directs and controls the department's physical, financial and human resources in accordance with departmental and hospital objectives, policies and standards.
The manager will perform therapeutic assessments and treatments along the full continuum of care, including outpatient, inpatient and residential settings.
The manager will contribute to program planning and implementation... coordination and evaluation of services; and allocation of resources to meet service needs.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Monday to Friday, Days - 08:30 to 16:30
Kitimat General Hospital is a 19 acute bed hospital with a full range of services. Some services provided are emergency, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, outpatient chemotherapy clinic, physiotherapy, diabetes and chronic disease management. Regular rotation of visiting specialists in internal medicine, urology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, and radiology.
Kitimat has a population of 8,131 (2020) local residents. Kitimat offers excellent fishing, endless trails, and backcountry. People come to Kitimat to enjoy more of the things you love. Check out where there is always something new to experience.
What Northern Health has to offer you
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• A graduate of an accredited Canadian Physiotherapy, or if educated outside of Canada, has successfully completed the Canadian registration examination process. Eligible for membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
• Current license with the College of Physiotherapists of BC.
• Three (3) years clinical experience.
• Supervisor experience and/or training.
Skills and Abilities:
Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities.
We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
• All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT 2013 Interior Health. All Rights Reserved. | | |
physiotherapist, manager rehabilitation services Kitimat jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.