Society for Family Health Nigeria
Society for Family Health Nigeria Abuja Nigeria
1 month ago
Society for Family Health (SFH)
is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
An emerging pan African organization, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the
private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society, and country level. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly Nigerian rooted organisation with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being... open, inclusive, and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
SFH is looking for talented people with a track record of high performance and passion for providing healthcare for their community to join our vibrant workforce.
The Database Management Specialist must have sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics, quality assurance/quality improvement, and database development & management, and their specificities for developing countries. The Database Management Specialist must have the capacity to manage and build the capacity of a large team, within a multi-cultural environment.
• Conduct an assessment of the health system in Nigeria to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement
• Develop and implement a health system strengthening plan in collaboration with key stakeholders.
• Provide technical assistance to the NHIA, Ministry of Health and other stakeholders in the design and implementation of health policies and programmes.
• Support the development and implementation of health financing mechanisms to increase domestic and innovative resource mobilisation for health.
• Provide regular reports on progress, challenges, and lessons learned to the organisation, Ministry of Health and other stakeholders.
• Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on innovation design and strategic frameworks using technology.
• Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
• Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Health Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics or another quantitative field with relevant Professional Certification in Information and Communications, Technology, and related disciplines. 9 years’ relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level Monitoring and Evaluation in large public health programmes at national or international level.
• MSc in Monitoring & Evaluation, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Health Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics or another quantitative field with relevant Professional Certification in Information and Communications, Technology, and related disciplines. 7 years’ relevant experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
• Expertise knowledge in MySQL, MS SQL Server Administration, PostgreSQL, District Health Information System (DHIS2), DATIM, Windows NT and Office Administration and Management, Relational database design and analysis, SQL and MS Access/Excel programming skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
This vacancy closes 11:59pm (WAT) on Friday May 05, 2023.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply
Database Management Specialist Abuja jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.