Phoebe Putney Health System
Phoebe Putney Health System Albany GA Georgia
1 month ago
• The Unit Secretary attends nursing station and performs clerical duties, requisition supplies, equipment and services as directed.
• Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and punctuality guidelines
• Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization
• Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
• Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
• Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
• Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of age- specific customer service skills.
• General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
• May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
• May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids, or infectious organisms.
• May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
• May be scheduled as needed including overtime
• High School Diploma or GED (Required)
• Non Degree Program in Medical Terminology Course or unit secretary certificate program (Preferred)
• 1+ years Clerical work experience demonstrating proficient computer, phone and office equipment utilization (Preferred)
• 1+ years Experience in a Health Care Setting (Preferred)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
• No Certifications are Required or Preferred
• Organizational Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Customer Relations
• Grammar/ Spelling
• Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
• Follow VerbalInstructions
• Microsoft Office Suite
• General Clerical Skills
• Typing 60wpm
• Medical Terminology
• Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
• Have good - manual dexterity
• Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
• Walking - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
• Sitting - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
• Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
• Bending/Stooping - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
• Twist at waist - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
• Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
• Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
• Lift/carry > 50 lbs with assistance - Occasionally within shift (1-33
Albany GA USA
Unit Secretary - Acute Care V Albany jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.