Serco North America
Serco North America Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
1 month ago
Are you a self-starter always thinking of better ways to do things? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team focused on providing top-quality services to customers? If yes, please keep reading! As a member of Serco’s dynamic team, your expertise and collaborative skills will make a positive impact towards our military defense and safety of our soldiers.
As the Royal Canadian Air Forces’ prime service provider at 5 Wing Goose Bay, Labrador, our team delivers comprehensive air operations, emergency services, logistics and engineering expertise to the Department of National Defence. We work on behalf of DND’s “no fail” mission at Goose Bay: supporting NORAD operations for the projection of air power on the north and northeast coasts of Canada, while supporting military training for the Canadian Armed Forces, Allies and NORAD. 5 Wing Goose Bay provides effective training facilities, adaptable infrastructures, and a unique, austere, and challenging training... location. Currently, Serco Canada has over 1,200 employees across four provinces, including a strong and growing Indigenous workforce.
You will be part of a team that works closely with the military customer and other Serco teams to deliver quality and efficient services to DND. The Serco team has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers for 4 years in a row and received the prestigious Atlantic Canadian Aerospace and Defence Association. Industry Excellence Recognition Award for Gender and Diversity Excellence.
In this role, you will:
• Supervises and participates in emergency response activities to life or property threatening incidents.
• Supervises/conducts scheduled inspection, testing and maintenance of fire vehicles and equipment.
• Supervises, conducts, and participates in fire prevention and firefighter training programs.
• Supervises and conducts the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire service vehicles, systems, and equipment.
• Conducts fire engineering training programs.
• Direct subordinate employees in performance of section tasks and responsibilities.
• Ensure direct reports are current with their fitness, medical and training/certification requirements.
• Ensure all assigned deliverables and other reports are completed accurately and on time.
• Ensure that standards for the accomplishment of short-term priorities are clearly articulated to staff and that resources are made available to achieve the standard.
• Communicate key business objectives to front-line staff.
• Visibly demonstrate Serco Values and work practices and ensure that all staff across the organization are practicing these Values daily.
• Responsible for performance management of subordinate employees, including authority to initiate corrective action in line with HR approval model.
• Other related duties relevant to this position as may be required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Must remain fit for work, take, and pass annual Firefighter medical
• Participate in the annual physical fitness test.
• Ability to successfully pass a Pre-employment Medical.
• Ability to successfully pass a Pre-employment Physical.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level II security clearance is required.
• Post- Secondary education.
• Minimum five years’ experience as a firefighter.
• 6A or fire officer Level 1 in accordance with NFPA 1021.
• Annual ARFF re-certification in accordance with STANAG 7145 Minimum Core Competency
• Comprehensive knowledge of emergency response fire apparatus and associated equipment.
• Detailed knowledge of fire behaviour and the strategy, tactics, and principles of fire combat.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Possession of a valid Class 3 NL Driver’s license with 9 air brake endorsement.
• Possession of or the ability to obtain and maintain a Ramp Defensive Driving Course (DND/RDDC) certification to operate vehicles on the airfield is required.
• Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own discipline and knowledge of others.
• Ability to evaluate risk and related mitigation strategies.
• Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening test.
• Contractual understanding of SOW and labour agreements.
• Communicates effectively – able to articulate ideas in a clear and persuasive manner.
• Initiative – the ability to think and act ahead, takes a proactive approach in anticipating problems and driving opportunities.
• Supervises people effectively – follows through with performance management including objective setting, regular feedback and review.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to work on and track multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent computer skills in MS Office suite.
• Qualified EMR 2, IAW Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Standards.
• Employees who have to drive a company vehicle must also provide a copy of their Driver Abstract.
Serco has had a significant, stable presence in Canada for several decades - anchored in the defence space by our contract to provide comprehensive air navigation and base management services at 5 Wing Goose Bay, Labrador.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our military and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [email protected] or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [email protected].
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation
Newfoundland and Labrador
Jobs in Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Assistant Platoon Chief, Firefighting Newfoundland and Labrador jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.