University of Chicago
University of Chicago Chicago IL United States
1 month ago
BSD MED - Pulmonary - Tasali Administrative Staff...
About The Department
The Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine has been a model of exemplary patient care, research, and post-doctoral training for more than 20 years. The 30 faculty, clinical associates and research associates along with a staff of more than 72, have devoted themselves to the pursuit of excellence in each of these important activities.
The Administrative Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations for the UChicago Sleep Center under the direction of Dr. Esra Tasali.
• Manages the Center’s daily operational workflow serving as the point person for all center meetings, infrastructure, branding and communication for center director and staff.
• Represents the department on business affairs specific to Center operations.
• Follows up and guides processes on operational goals, milestones and strategic planning.
• Directs and maintains the AV needs and physical office space for the Center - managing any ordering of equipment, software, registrations/licenses, and repairs/upgrades to systems.
• Maintains the center and Director’s general communications; contact list, meeting availability and listserv.
• Assists in the management of the center’s website. Communicates with design team for development and regular updates.
• Coordinates centers rebranding; liaison with IT and communication groups, marketing, and social media communications.
• Manages all logistics for visiting speakers/guests. Including, travel and onsite scheduling, coordination with faculty and students and relevant follow up, budget management.
• Manages communications, including providing program/project schedule and event updates content for the Center's website.
• Leads the office initiatives in developing, managing and implementing Center procedures and policies for staff on-boarding/off-boarding, processes, technology management, supplies/equipment ordering, and center systems SOP.
• Supports Center hiring process; development of postings, scheduling interviews, following up with HR.
• Records meeting minutes by attending necessary meeting and recording key points and discussions; for meetings via zoom, record & post recording in BOX file for others to view.
• Reviews, assess and monitors follow-up action items.
• Prepare special reports and summaries, assists in managing daily operation of the office, and may assist in developing administrative goals and policies. Maintains the leader's calendar, exercising considerable discretion and judgment as to priorities and effective use of the leader's time.
• Coordinates special projects as directed by the leader. Prepares write ups for recommendations for operational and administrative problems. May manage a portion of the leader's budget, monitoring and reconciling accounts. Prepares financial and/or administrative reports.
• Performs other related work as needed.
Minimum requirements include vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field (not typically required to have a four-year degree).
• Work Experience
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
• Bachelor's degree in health administration, business, accounting or related field.
• Progressively responsible administrative experience.
• Familiarity with general business practices.
• Commitment to providing a high level of service and working in a team environment.
• High degree of professionalism.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to handle confidential information with utmost discretion.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with basic data organization and analysis.
• Some experience with quality improvement practices.
• Resume (required)
• Cover Letter (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST be uploaded via the My Experience page, in the section titled Application Documents of the application.
Administration & Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Employees must comply with the University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637
Chicago IL USA
Jobs in Chicago IL United States
Administrative Manager Chicago jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.