Sanofi Cambridge MA United States
5 months ago
Position Overview and Job Responsibilities:
• He/she is leading the strategy and execution thereof for the Checkpoint Immunology Research Cluster.
• He/she in close collaboration with TA head defines the Checkpoint Research strategy as well as defining the overall TA I&I strategy together with the TA head and leadership team...
TA I&I cluster head: Checkpoint biology
• In close cooperation with Global TA I&I Research Head and leadership team, defines strategy in alignment with development and commercial to be among the top players in the Immunology and Inflammation field.
• Provide Checkpoint research view into yearly DAS (Disease Area Strategy)
• Key sparring partner for all TA partners for checkpoint biology in research, development and commercial
• Strong experience with biologics as a modality especially in the area of agonistic antibodies
• Lead large collaborations in the field of checkpoints such as IMI and key academic alliances
• Be point of contact for BD
• Manages a group of : 25 people with a goal to mentor and develop top talents and successors.
• Develop and train biological leads in immunology to support the TA I&I portfolio
• Deliver and contribute to overall TA I&I KPIs (M0, M1 and M2)
• Strong personality and a track record of having managed large Project management teams across complex scope and geographies/ globally
• PhD or MD in Immunology or related field with More than 15 years of experience in pharmaceutical R&D
• Expert understanding of a Global R&D operating model and versality across multiple areas of the business to understand and anticipate different business needs.
• Very good program and project leadership skills with a strong track record of executional excellence: moving with fast lead-time from idea to action
• Ability to think strategically, take a helicopter view and develop a compelling vision, but also be able to dive deep into problems when required – focus on impact and results
• Capability to translate strategy into an operational roadmap with clear actions, and impactful deliverables
• Ability to decide even under high pressure and inspire the team to keep up with the fast-changing environment during transition
• Authentic, collaborative and mindful leader, diligent to earn respect from teams and stakeholders holding himself responsible and accountable for the overall success within his team and towards senior management and internal customers
• Ability to act as internal consultancy on complex issues, problem solving and has the ability to influence key stakeholders and/or decision makers to obtain support to promote innovative solutions or initiatives
• Ability to build effective teams through “alignment, execution and renewal” in mutual understanding of the targets in a complex and fast changing environment independently from reporting lines
• Ability to shape culture, motivate a group of people to work towards a common set of goals aligned with the overall Play to Win mind set
• Authentic and strong communicator with an ability to articulate the overall strategy, discuss on different levels within Sanofi and externally ensuring an impactful communication. Ability to facilitate and steer difficult conversations to sustainable outcomes and move to action.
• Challenge current ways of working with a strong continuous improvement mindset. Raise issues and provide improvement recommendation without burning relationships
• Ability to identify and develop talents to deliver project objective under pressure and in a highly challenging environment
• Strong problem solving and conflict management skill
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong track of record in portfolio delivery of clinical molecule and excellent publications
• Fluent in English, German and French a plus
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. All US based roles require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
According to the CDC, an individual is considered to be “fully vaccinated” fourteen (14) days after receiving (a) the second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or (b) the single dose of the J&J vaccine. Fully vaccinated, for new Sanofi employees, is to be fully vaccinated 14 DAYS PRIOR TO START DATE.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all
Cambridge MA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.