Monash Health Monash SA Australia
5 months ago
• Early in Life Mental Health | 12-18 yrs old
• Join a supportive and excellence driven team
• Permanent & Fixed Term Contract Career Opportunities Available
Working in Healthcare has never been more important or meaningful
Monash Children’s Hospital continues our tradition of providing outstanding patient and family centred care in a purpose-built paediatric facility, delivering clinical services in a child and family-friendly environment.
The Stepping Stones Adolescent Inpatient Unit is a 15 inpatient beds and 5 transition (day) beds Ward. It is a state of the art, purpose-built facility housed in the new Monash Children’s Hospital. The Unit offers Mental Health interventions to adolescents (aged 12 to 18) who present with acute and severe mental health problems, associated high risk factors and have difficulty maintaining their own safety and the safety of others.
About The Role
This is an exciting and rare opportunity for a qualified and experienced Nurse... Division 1 to work within the Early in Life Mental Health Service inpatient unit.
We currently have part and full time ongoing roles working across a 24/7 rotating roster.
You are an experienced Mental Health Clinician with previous experience within a youth / adolescent mental health setting. You also have previous experience within adolescent mental health nursing, and familiarity with milieu therapy. You also have excellent communication skills and are able to work well with young people, related services and their families within the multidisciplinary team setting.
You will also work collaboratively with the various components of the ELMHS service, and provide leadership to the unit on a shift by shift basis, and add to the leadership group of Stepping Stones
The role provides the enviable opportunity to develop your capabilities of working within a diverse Early in Life Mental Health Setting; and extending your knowledge and skills at liaising with external agencies.
You Are Also
• Well respected & highly regarded by peers & colleagues
• Have exceptional communication & superior time management skills
• Have a genuine passion in mental health & nursing management
• An advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles
What You Need
• Registered Nurse Division 1 with Current registration with AHPRA
• Post Graduate Mental Health Nursing Qualifications, or relevant mental health nursing endorsement.
• Extensive experience within a mental health setting, ideally within an adolescent/ youth mental health setting
• Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
• Avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
• Mentorship & career guidance
• Support to attend relevant forums & conferences
• A supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
Monash Health is a great place to work
In 2022 Monash Health was nominated by LinkedIn as one of the top 25 organisations in Australia to grow your career.
Our Employees Enjoy a Range Of Benefits Including
• salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
• a comprehensive Health and Wellbeing program
• free vaccinations
• private health insurance at discounted rates
• health imaging services
• + more
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service and proudly provides healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 22,000 of us work at over 40 care locations across south-eastern Melbourne.
How To Apply
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles and our five ICare values:
Applications are only accepted that are submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System (e-recruit).
For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to attached ‘Application Guide’ located under Position Documents.
Please note, applications will be screened upon receipt and selection activity may commence prior to the closing date
Monash SA Australia
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.