Reach Volunteering Woking United Kingdom
2 months ago
ApplyAsk a question
Opportunity for an indivdual who has a keen interest in improving the mental well being of children and helping those experiencing relationship problems to join the Board of a Woking based Chairty which is part of a national organisation
What will you be doing?
Job title Trustee and Company Secretary
Commitment Board meetings are held bimonthly in the evenings for 2-3 hours.
The aim of Relate West Surrey is to help families, individuals and children with relationship or mental health issues.
About The Role
• To ensure the Charity is meeting its legal obligations in relation to its articles
• To contribute to the decision making of the Board
• To liaise with the chair and chief executive to plan, arrange and produce agendas and supporting papers for trustee meetings and for drafting the subsequent minutes.
• To act as charity secretary and ensure that charity law is complied with
• Supporting the Board in production of... annual report
• Arranging and administrating trustee meetings
• Acting as the custodian of the governing documents, in liaison with the trustees, reviewing its appropriateness and monitoring that the charity’s activities reflect the objects set out in the governing document. ,
• To act as the holder of statutory registers and books, and other legal and important documents such as insurance policies
• Minute Board meetings
Individuals are sought who have a strong empathy with our mission of helping adults and young people having relationship or mental health issues.
Experience, of charity law would be beneficial but not essential, an interest in the well-being of families and children would be expected.
Knowledge, Skills And Understanding
• Commitment to the organisation and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
• Preparedness to contribute to board discussions and a willingness to speak their mind with diplomacy.
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship
• An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
What are we looking for?
• An experienced company secratetary would be ideal.
• The role would suit someone with aa legal background
• The individual should have a strong commitment to the objectives of the charity.
• Be prepared to contribute to Board discussions
• Be organised in maintaing records
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Be able to commit the time necessary to varry out the role
What difference will you make?
As a Trustee of the Board you will contribute to the strategic direction of the Charity and the successful ongoing of its activities In addition you will also play a fundamental part, along with the Chair, in ensuring the Chairty is meeting its legal obligations.
• Children / families
• Counselling / advice
• Young people
The vision of Relate West Surrey is a future where healthy relationships form the heart of a thriving society.
ApplyAsk a question
Volunteer Trustee and Company Secretary | Relate West Surrey Woking jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.