Cox Communications Fair Oaks GA Georgia
1 month ago
Senior Data Scientist
Cox Communications is looking for a Senior Data Scientist - Solution Architecture to join the Data Science team within the A+I. This role will be responsible for advanced analytics solutions design and implementations. The Senior Data Scientist is required to be a proven advanced developer to drive solution delivery at scale...
What You'll Do
• Design and develop production grade analytics applications utilized in the Cox Ecosystem
• Continuous development and improvement of data model, quality, and supporting applications for the ACoE Analytics Center for Excellence outage system, graph identity network, and event correlation system
• Identify data quality discrepancies in applications and develop solutions to triage
• Monitor and report on model effectiveness and performance
• Develop new micro services to leverage new and existing models
• Evaluate new technologies, tools, and data
• Keep up to date on new technologies, standards and practices
• Guide junior resources in the Data Science team
• Architect, design, and ideate over team's requests for new analytical models
What's In It For You
At Cox, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package, 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
We value people more than technology. That means you'll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You'll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong software development background who is "data science curious". The candidate will ideally start want to start by improving both the performance and quality of existing applications, with the expectation that they'll later begin building their own ML models. This position is highly focused on optimizing and improving existing frameworks as well as engineering new solutions for future models. They will work hand in hand with other Data Science teams to create efficient solutions that can be generalized for the whole organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics, Engineering, or related technical discipline and 4 year's experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2 year's experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 16 year's experience in a related field
• Expertise in software development
• Experience supporting and deploying data models into production environments
• Proficency in AWS or other cloud development experience
• Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of data/analytic software/languages/tools; e.g., Spark (ML, Mllib, Spark SQL), R (caret, ggplot2), Python, Scala, Java, C++, Hive, SQL, SAS, Tableau, etc.
• Excellent communication skills. The ability to successfully comprehend and communicate advanced analytics artifacts, business insights, and resulting implications to non-technical business partners. Ability to work in a diverse team.
• Graduate degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics, Engineering or closely related field.
• 2 years of test driven development experience
• 4 years software development experience
• 4 years experience working in AWS or other cloud platforms
• 2 years experience deploying AI models to cloud platforms
• Neptune Graph experience
• Practical Experience deploying real time applications with low down time, including ML models, Analytics applications, or simple micro services.
• Experience within telecommunications, cable industry, high tech, or consulting
• Experience working on an agile team
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
Fair Oaks GA USA
Senior Data Scientist Software Development Fair Oaks jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.