International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Dar es Salaam Tanzania
1 month ago
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to livestock production/productivity and genetic data management systems (collation, processing, and storage) and tools for use in the African Dairy Genetic Gain Project Country Program
• Understand existing tools used for data capture and assist in developing modules that extend the scope of the current tools and provide training for the same.
• Respond to ICT support requests from farmers, and field-based partner agents in a timely manner through WhatsApp/telegram/telephone/field visit programs.
• Write procedures and software to import/ export data from/to appropriate database systems and share these for further analyses and interpretation.
• Develop additional dashboards to enable monthly data monitoring of field agents submitting data per cluster, missing and incomplete information, unusual values, and other related issues and prepare a monthly report for the Country coordinator.
• Implement and monitor Quality Assurance (QA... protocols and routines, including safe and remote back-up of database systems and tools.
• Keep up to date with the latest tools and resources, including open-source software, for the collection, management, storage, and sharing of information.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all information collected.
• Participate actively in ADGG country meetings and workshops.
• Participate, plan, and facilitate training of partners on ADGG systems.
• Provide 1st and 2nd level support to partners using the different technological platforms offered by ADGG.
• Facilitate onboarding of new partners into ADGG platform and offer technical & user support.
• Partner engagement on new platform requirements.
• Perform any other activity as assigned by the national coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BA/BSc degree in Information Systems, Database Management, Computer Science, or related discipline.
• Experience working with integrated database systems preferably for research projects, including large-scale socioeconomic and/or biological surveys e.g., MySQL, MS SQL Server, or Oracle.
• Experience with database design, database management, and computer programming, and with the application of quality assurance standards and procedures.
• At least 4 years of relevant work experience in digital data systems.
• Advanced experience with SQL language for data extraction and management of databases.
• Knowledge and experience of Linux operating system.
• Experience in software programming.
• Understanding and experience of working in applied agricultural research preferred.
• Fluency in Kiswahili and English is essential to communicate in writing and speaking.
• Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
• Ability to manage field teams and uphold the highest ethical standards by inspiring trust and treating all people with respect and personal integrity.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with researchers, enumerators, and livestock value chain actors.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels and from multiple disciplines and cultures in a respectful manner.
• Willingness to travel locally, regionally, and internationally.
The duration of contract for the position is three years. This is a nationally recruited position and I ITA offers a competitive remuneration package.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Dar es Salaam Tanzania
Jobs in Dar es Salaam Tanzania
Research Associate 2 – Data Systems Dar es Salaam jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.