BDO Canada Alberta Canada
1 month ago
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
BDO Canada LLP is looking for a Consultant, Risk Advisory Services to join the BDO’s Risk Advisory team and own the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for effectively engaging with clients and executing risk management, third party assurance and internal audit projects under the supervision of your Managers.
• Client engagements primarily in the areas of internal audit, third party assurance (CSAE 3416, SSAE 18, SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3), enterprise risk management, internal controls design and assessment, program evaluation, independent project review, business process... enhancement/ re-design, and IT general and application controls assessments
• Review, document, evaluate, and test business processes and internal controls for design and operational effectiveness in a wide range of environments and industries
• Develop client deliverables, including risk assessments, analyses, recommendations, and reporting documentation
• Collaborate with engagement teams to establish timelines and ensure high quality client service through daily progress of fieldwork and communication of updates to Managers and staff
• Support in driving innovation in service delivery; ensure delivery is in line with firm’s Quality and Risk management requirements/expectations
• Assist Managers with business development proposals on existing/new clients
• Assist Managers in developing/refreshing methodologies related to our existing/new solutions
• Supervise and review work performed by subordinates and provide qualitative inputs before submission of deliverables to Managers/client (as the case may be)
• Maintain a proactive and logical approach to information gathering and present complex ideas through clear communications
• Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness and quality of deliverables and services
• Solicit and apply feedback from Senior Consultants and Managers to enhance the quality and efficiency of future engagements
• Build positive working relationships with clients and identify improvements for future assignments
How do we define success for your role?
• You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
• You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
• You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
• You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
• You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
• You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your Experience And Education
• You have completed or are pursuing a professional designation (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.)
• You have 0-2 years of professional experience in a risk advisory, consulting, internal audit, or external audit setting
• You have a strong acumen for information technology and can assess information from an audit perspective
• You can diagnose project issues, build solutions, and draft impactful communications for clients
• You display strong problem solving, leadership, and communication skills
Earn your CPA Designation
At BDO, we are committed to the success of students pursuing their CPA designation. We provide pre-approved programs across our 100+ offices, mentorship and support, reimbursement of exam fees, enrollment in Canada’s leading CFE prep course, and flexible options for study leave in order for you to be successful.
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2023. This recognition is a milestone we’re thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
• We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
• We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
• We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Hybrid new normal: As a hybrid workplace, all BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page
Consultant, Risk Advisory Services/ Internal Audit- EN Alberta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.