Intact Québec City Canada
1 month ago
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Manager, Loss Prevention, Agriculture to join our growing team!
Job Description Summary
Develops and conducts training/coaching to the team, underwriters, brokers and outside consultants as required to ensure the consistent application of corporate loss control and prevention guidelines. Provides guidance and coaching... to the team on technical loss prevention issues, codes, standards, and policy interpretations, as well as selection and retention of agricultural risks. Monitors loss control surveys for report quality and adherence to prevention guidelines, ensuring compliance with standards. Contributes to the strategic planning process for the department and implements short-term plans; assists management in the preparation of budgets.
What You’ll Do Here
• Provide leadership and manage the operations of the loss prevention department to achieve key business goals.
• Monitor and participate in team activities and report on progress.
• Assume responsibility for the selection process and hiring of employee’s nationwide that will deliver a superior level of customer service to all our clients.
• Communicate corporate philosophy, vision, and values.
• Motivate staff to participate in team objectives by keeping them informed of changes or new directions and soliciting feedback.
• Identify and coordinate assignments within the team.
• Own the continuous learning and development plan of the team members.
• Organize regular coaching sessions to manage performance (productivity, service levels, quality assurance, customer satisfaction) and support each member of the team to progress.
• Follow up with customer detractors to help understand Net Promoter Score and coach team staff members.
• Develop strong business relationship across Canada with our agricultural/ farm underwriting teams.
• Prepare and discuss yearly performance reviews with team staff members.
• Build a strong relation with other Loss prevention managers and underwriters.
What You Bring To The Table
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 8 to 10 years of relevant experience related to agriculture.
• Working knowledge of applicable NFPA (#70) and CSA Standards (#365, 139, 149).
• Familiarity of the National Research Council of Canada - Farm Building Code.
• Level I or II Thermography Certification.
• Leadership, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
• Superior communication skills and the ability to adapt to quick changes.
• Committed to delivering exceptional customer service.
• Ability to tackle various initiatives simultaneously.
• CRM, CIP or FCIP designation preferred.
• Prior leadership experience is an asset.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Possession of a valid drivers license in good standing
• Canada wide travel required
• [Bilingual (French and English) - working in a National Team
What We Offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
• A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
• An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
• An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
• Flexible work arrangements
• Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
• An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
• Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
• A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
• Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
• Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
• A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
If you are an employee of Intact, belairdirect, or Johnson Insurance, please apply for this role on Contact People
Québec City QC
Manager, Loss Prevention - Agriculture Québec City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.