takealot Cape Town South Africa
1 month ago
, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Occupational Health and Safety Officer to join our Supply Chain team in Cape Town Warehouse.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Risk and Security Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
• That all relevant documentation regarding safety have been signed off by all the relevant employees
• That all environmental, housekeeping and safety surveys are done and signed off by relevant stakeholders
• That all appointments are properly signed off and kept updated if and when new employees are trained
• That all employees (both permanent, casual and... labour consultant-) have updated file packs with all relevant documentation
• That all external legal documents are in place
• Schedule and maintain all training that will soon expire or of any training that is required
• Inform management of any Health, Safety or Environment issues that may cause damage, injury, safety or health related problems
• Ensure that all annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily checklists and inspections are completed and signed off by relevant party that carried out the inspection
• Ensure that faults found in checks and inspections are resolved
• Hold a minimum of 1 H&S meeting a month with an appointed H&S committee
• Ensure that all H&S Policies are signed off
• Coordinate with management to do emergency exit/fire drills
• Ensure that employees are complying with all regulations and are trained (safe work procedures) in all specific jobs being done
• Identify new risks, draw up risk assessments and train relevant employees on safe procedures
• Ensure that contractors that come onto your site to do work, conform to H&S standards as per SOP
Qualifications and attributes:
• Diploma in Health and Safety and Samtrac or Nebosh
• 2 years experience in OHS
• A solid understanding of Health and Safety and knowledge of relevant legislation
• Mathematically inclined
• Must have a firm understanding of all safety aspects within operations
• Strong analytical (auditing) and problem solving skills
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be energetic enough to keep up with a high paced working environment.
• Possess excellent personal organizational and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
• Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
• Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
• Good team player, hard worker, willing to be flexible with a positive attitude
• Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
• Microsoft Office
• A firm grasp of the health and safety system installed and all documents in the safety system file.
In addition to the Environment below, please past whatever else you think would be useful for an interviewer to know in order to sell the job to the candidate.
The Environment :
• employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
• We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
• We are short on ego and high on output.
• We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
• We love what we do and what we are creating.
Thank you for applying.
Your application has been received and if there is a fit, someone will be getting back to you. Should you not hear from us within 2-4 weeks, please see your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that if you have a personal information access request or a deletion request in terms of the Protection of Information Act, that request can be sent to .
Takealot Group Talent Team
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
Occupational Health and Safety Officer Cape Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.