IWK Health Halifax Canada
1 month ago
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Company : IWK Health
Req ID: 153555
Department/Program: Clinical Engineering , Biomedical Engineering
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT ( 100% FTE) x 2 position(s)
Start Date: ASAP
Union Status: NSGEU Hlthcare , Support Bargaining Unit
Compensation: $ 28.7454 - $ 38.4744 /hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Successful external applicants will be eligible to receive a one-time Signing Bonus of $7000. In turn, a Return of Service will be required for a two (2) year period.
This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance of up to $5000. In turn, a Return of Service will be required for a two (2) year period.
IWK Health is a respected academic health sciences centre located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, providing tertiary and primary care for two million children, youth, adults and families each year across the Atlantic region. We have a team of approximately 4000 employees, physicians, volunteers and learners... at sites across Nova Scotia . People build careers with IWK Health with our focus on training and mentorship opportunities. We recognize each other’s talent and celebrate our successes. We collaborate in modern facilities or virtually from home, align our work to our values , and enjoy access to enhanced benefits and wellness programs. We are proud to support our patients, families and communities and are grateful for the generous donor support we receive.
Promoting an anti-racist environment, and calling out discrimination as we work and provide care, is important to us. We are located in Mi’kma’ki, the unceded and ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaq people. Working in Mi’kma’ki and providing care to those across Atlantic Canada is a shared privilege with the original inhabitants who have lived here for many thousands of years prior to colonization. There are 13 First Nation communities across Nova Scotia, and more than 50 historic African Nova Scotian communities who also have a long, deep, and complex history dating back over 400 years. We have the highest percentage of people with disabilities in the country. Nova Scotia has the highest proportions of transgender and non-binary people than any other province or territory in the country. We are active in our work to eliminate discrimination, but have more work to do to build that trust, acknowledge our biases and reduce the barriers our diverse communities face. We want IWK Health to be a safe and supportive space of equity and belonging in the care we provide and the employment we offer. We welcome all interested persons who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotians, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply to support our goal for our workforce to be representative of the patients, families, and communities that we care for at all job levels.
Other Responsibilities Will Include, But Not Be Limited To
Under the direction of the Manager, Clinical Engineering, and working with the Team Leaders, the Biomedical Engineering Technologist performs equipment management, user education and problem resolution services on behalf of the department to all areas of the Health Centre. This position will primarily include the repair and maintenance of medical and support devices used in the facility and other designated areas.
• Preventative maintenance, setup, install, test, troubleshoot, repair, modify and maintain medical equipment according to accepted policies, procedures, standards, and specifications.
• Perform pre-purchase evaluation and follow-up of new equipment.
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to patients and staff concerning the safe operation and maintenance of equipment. Act as a resource in the resolution of equipment related issues.
• Assist with, and ensure investigation and follow-up of equipment related alerts and occurrences are completed.
• Attend and participate with projects, committees and training activities.
• Travel as required for training/business
• Document services provided according to departmental policies and procedures.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm. Overtime & on call/standby shifts as required.
• Graduate of an accredited Biomedical or Electronic Engineering Technology program required.
• Registered or eligible for registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) with TechNova.
• Registered, or eligible to be registered, as a Certified Biomedical Engineering Technologist (CBET).
• Note: Must obtain CBET certification once eligible (after 3 years of hire date,) as a condition of employment.
• Graduate of a Biomedical Engineering Program & associate practicum preferred.
• High level of attention to detail, patient safety.
• Demonstrated ability to read/understand policies, procedures & service manuals.
• Strong troubleshooting skills, as related to electronic and mechanical medical equipment.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Good computer skills (database, spreadsheets, word processing, data entry, network configuration and troubleshooting, software installation, driver installation and testing, server management, etc.).
• Ability to acquire and apply highly technical information on a continuing basis.
• Must be able to assess risks from the application of technologies in the patient care environment and initiate action as required.
• Competency in other languages will be considered an asset.
T hank you for your interest in IWK Health.
Please note that we only contact applicants selected for interview/testing. If we invite you to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) you have the right to request accommodation. Please discuss your needs when invited to the assessment process.
This is a Support bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
An offer of employment is conditional upon the completion and satisfactory results of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials. Additionally, as per Nova Scotia’s COVID-19 Vaccine mandate, any offer of employment will be conditional upon submitting proof of full vaccination status. Medical exceptions or any other kind of requested exception based upon the Health Centre’s obligations pursuant to the Nova Scotia Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis
I f you are an employee of IWK Health , please apply through the internal careers page to ensure you are flagged as an internal applicant
Biomedical Engineering Technologist Halifax jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.