Root Capital Honduras Honduras
2 months ago
About Root Capital
Root Capital is a nonprofit social investment fund whose mission is to grow rural prosperity in poor, environmentally vulnerable places in Africa, Latin America, and Asia by lending capital, delivering financial training and strengthening market connections for small and growing agricultural businesses. Root Capital clients include associations and private businesses that help create sustainable livelihoods by aggregating the products of hundreds, and often thousands, of farmers. Since our launch in 1999, we have provided more than $900 million in credit to over 600 small and growing agricultural businesses. Root Capital envisions a thriving financial market serving agricultural businesses that generate long-term social, economic, and environmental sustainability for small-scale farmers and their communities around the world. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Root Capital currently has associated offices in Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Senegal, and... Kenya.
The Deputy Project Manager will act on behalf of the Project Manager as the principal point of contact for procedural and technical matters when the Project Director is not available. Supporting the Project Manager on the overseeing of technical implementation, performance monitoring, and finance and operations of all aspects of the project in direct coordination with internal and external implementation teams.
The Deputy Project Manager will be responsible for facilitating qualitative and quantitative information for reporting purposes and will be the point person to provide and share information related to the monitoring and evaluation plan of the project, making sure that all internal and external stakeholders have accurate and timing information.
Support strategic project planning, implementation design, and procurement (20%)
• Support project design, including collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to produce and/or update the scope of work, targets/commitments (specific deliverables definition), use of available funds by activity or country (budget distribution) and final timeline to achieve targets/commitments.
• Develop and communicate, to internal and external partners, donor compliance requirements in direct coordination with the Project Manager.
• Responsible for post-award document management.
Monitor technical, programmatic, and administrative activities (40%)
• Monitor technical and programmatic activities of internal and external implementation partners.
• Monitor budget management and use of available funds of internal and external implementation partners.
• Develop strong rationale analysis around implementation or budget variances.
• Communicate as needed any programmatic and budget variances to the Project Manager, supporting further communications with internal and external implementation partners.
• Support project governance meetings.
Donor reporting and project communication (40%)
• Primary point of contact for the implementation of the MELP in the country.
• Communicate and coordinate on a regular basis with M&E teams to ensure standardization of processes and tools in the country, to gather and process information for monitoring and reporting purposes.
• Support financial reporting and/or prepare financial reports using project-reporting templates and systems when needed and in direct coordination with Accounting and the Project Manager.
• Provide quantitative and qualitative information related to the progress compared to commitments, budget execution, and other compliance deliverables requested by the donor for reporting purposes.
• Support good working relationships with host government officials and local partners
• Act of behalf of the Project Manager as the principal point of contact for procedural and technical matters when the Project Director is not available
Required Skills and Experience:
• At least 8 years of experience in a non-profit setting working with grants
• At least 6 years of Project Management experience
• Experience managing bilateral or multilateral partnerships preferred
• Master's degree on Project Management or similar preferred
• Experience in data collection and analysis (quantitative and qualitative) and database management
• Strong communication skills
• Proactive, service-oriented mind-set and a self-starter
• Ability to trouble-shoot routine situations
• Collaboration skills
• Fluent Spanish and proficient English language skills
• Technical expertise in areas such as poverty reduction, agricultural value-chain development; economic growth, job creation, small and medium-size enterprise business development
• Passion for Root Capital’s commitment to worldwide poverty alleviation and environmental conservation.
Root Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding and expressing breast milk), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Root Capital is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that upholds our leadership principles of: empowerment, equity, integrity, service, and transparency
Deputy Project Manager Honduras jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.